LEVEL 17

Intoxicating

We let our lives, mix with our dreams, like two coloured paints. That was, until we didn't know which was what, and we didn't care.

 That was, until we didn't know which was what, and we didn't care

[16th of May 2020]

Music, dancing, drinking, just a typical weekend night for the senior students in town. Although things seem to have gotten out of hand, one person remains rather sharp through all of this, someone who wasn't planning to let alcohol influence her judgement.

Her friend on the other hand, was passed out on the couch, unable to move and fast asleep, causing the other girl to become rather frustrated as she wanted to go home. A dilemma occurs, leave her here or take her with you?

On the other hand, Y/N had a third option that could be her escape, being able to leave this party, Jihyo's boyfriend, Taehyung. If he was still around, he could perhaps take care of her, bring her home or stay with her.

And that was the specific quest Y/N was on, finding Taehyung so she could go home. She looked nearly everywhere, asked his friends, opened doors to discover unfortunate sights in front of her, but no sign of Taehyung.

That's when she became frustrated, in desperate need of some fresh air. She made her way towards the garden, spotting a little pond a little further back. She walked over to the pond, taking a deep breath to keep herself calm.

But when she took a better look, she spotted a figure standing near the pond, twisting and turning in circles as she could her the laughter coming from the figure in the distance, quite a distinctive laugh really.

Taehyung.

"Taehyung is that you?" Y/N asks him as he turns around, smiling.

"Y/N!" He said as he ran over to the girl who slowly widened her eyes.

He spread his arms and embraced her, but falling over in the process, laughing at his own actions. Y/N rolled her eyes, figuring out the boy was drunk, not in control over his own actions. She laughed and tried to help him up.

"Taehyung get up, we need to get you inside" Y/N said but Taehyung just giggled.

"Taehyung please-" Y/N said but was cut off by Taehyung pulling her down in his embrace.

Y/N shrieked as Taehyung laughed, pulling her closer to his body. Y/N tensed up as she felt his strong muscles through his shirt, feeling slightly weird as this was the closed they have ever been to each other.

"Just stay here for a minute Y/N" He said as she frowned.

She wondered, why would he want her to stay with him, why would he want her company? She has always been under the impression that he hated her, something that hurt her in ways she couldn't quite comprehend herself.

But yet, here they lie, in each others embrace, just enjoying the silence for a moment. No drama, no toxic people, just peace and quiet, something they may both yet desire, but something they have not been able to find within their lives.

Taehyung felt warm inside, he may be drunk, but his mind appeared clear as day, knowing that he just needed some courage to do what he just did, hold Y/N close for just a moment, knowing he may not be able to remember it in the morning.

"I always admired you Y/N" Taehyung said as Y/N looked up at him.

"You're kind to others, intelligent, funny..." He mumbled as Y/N looked at him with a confused expression, not knowing where he is going with this.

"You're beautiful to me" He said as she widened her eyes.

"Taehyung what are you talking about?" She asked him but he just chuckled, shaking his head.

"Just stating the obvious" He said as he sat up again, looking her deep into her eyes, pulling a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Maybe I made a mistake, chasing Jihyo instead of you" He said as Y/N looked down, feeling weird.

"Maybe I made a mistake giving up on you" He said as he laid back down, closing his eyes for a moment.

Y/N glanced at him with a confused expression, not quite knowing what to think of the information she just received, of the words he just spoke to her. She knows it just drunken talk, but she wonders if there may be some truth to it.

Because if there is, he indeed made a mistake.

And so did she.