Integrum

(Before we start, I'd appreciate it if you took the time to read the Author's Note and the end when you're done with the chapter.)

Tina climbed down the ladder into Newt's case and left the shed in search of her husband. 

"There you are," she smiled when she found him.

He looked up and grinned back. Pulling her closer, he pressed a kiss to her lips. 

"I was wondering when you'd turn up," he said.

"You could have woken me up, you know. I could have helped you feed them." Tina gestured around her.

Newt shook his head. "No, you were so tired last night and you've been so focused on our last assignment I figured you should get to sleep in on our day off."

"You should have gotten to sleep in too."

"I did, a bit, but I wasn't as tired as you were and I had to get up to feed everyone down here."

Tina pouted. "I miss having you there when I wake up."

"I usually am," he pointed out. "Now, why don't we go get something to eat?"

"So, what do you think we should do today?" Newt asked as he and Tina cleared the table. "It's not often we've both got a day off."

"Let's go for a walk," Tina suggested. "It's been ages since we've done that."

"We'll go on a walk then," he agreed. "I'll just finish up here first."

"Let me help you."

A few minutes later, they had finished clearing up and were getting ready to leave the apartment. Tina quickly buttoned up her coat and tied the belt at her waist.  Newt cast a spell to silence their footsteps as they slipped out of the building. When they were safely outside, Tina slipped her arm through his and they started down the street.

"You know, we really should consider getting a new appartment," Tina observed.

"What's wrong with ours?"

"Nothing," she replied. "But it is a bit small, and you're techinically not supposed to be there."

Newt chuckled. "I don't mind sneaking in. It's easy with magic."

"So you don't want to move?" Tina asked.

"I don't have a problem with moving," Newt said. He hesitated. "It's just . . . I thought you might not want to move."

Tina frowned. "Why not?"

"Well, you have lived there for a long time," he pointed out. "It is your home."

"Just because I've lived there for several years doesn't make it my home," she laughed. "Besides, we're probably going to move to London at some point, aren't we?"

"We don't have to."

"Of course we do. All your creatures are there and so are your family and my sister. It doesn't make sense for us to stay here."

"What about your job?"

"It's just a job. I can work as an Auror for the Ministry," Tina suggested. "Your brother could arrange that, couldn't he?"

"I suppose he could, if that's what you really wanted."

"Yes, eventually, but in the mean time, I think we should look into getting a bigger place to live. One where you can enter without sneaking past the landlady."