Nomina

When the meal was over, Queenie cast a spell, sending all the dishes to the sink. Then she pulled out the box of pastries and opened it.

"Here we go, Tina," she said. "Take a look at this."

Tina leaned forward to see what was in the box. A number of pastries sat in the box but several of them weren't shaped like regular pastries.

"Are those magical creatures?" she gasped.

"Uh huh," Queenie said. "Jacob started making these even before he remembered who we were."

Tina frowned slightly. "Do you sell these to No-Majs?" she asked.

Jacob shrugged. "They don't know what they are. I didn't know what they were when I started making them."

Tina peeked in the box again. There were a few pastries shaped like Occamies and a few shaped like Nifflers. "What different creatures do you make?" she asked.

"We also make Demiguies and Erumpents," Queenie responded. "You should try one of these. They're all made from Jacob's recipes and they're delicious."

Tina hesitantly took a small pastry from the box and took a bite. Her face lit up. "This is good," said, quickly taking another bite.

"That's not even your favorite one," Queenie said.

Newt picked up a pastry and began to eat it as Tina finished the one she was holding. Queenie handed her another one and she took a bite. Her eyes lit up again and he smiled.

"This one's better than the last one," she said. 

Queenie laughed and chose her own pastry. They ate in silence for a few minutes as they enjoyed their dessert. Then the made their way over to the living room. Queenie and Jacob took a seat on the couch while Newt and Tina took the armchairs. A fire flickered to life in the fireplace, casting a cozy light through the room. Bunty had already left and the four of them were alone in the house. They talked for a long time, just happy to be back together.

Newt watched Tina as she spoke to her sister. Her eyes held a light that fascinated him. As he studied her he was reminded of everything he loved about her. How is it possible to fall in love with her all over again every time I see her? he wondered.

Suddenly, a feeling of intense sadness washed over him. He missed her so much. He longed for the time when they would sit curled up on the couch together for hours, sometimes talking, sometimes reading, sometimes just sitting there in silence. He missed kissing her. The feeling of her lips against his had always been the most wonderful feeling in the world.

Newt heard Queenie clearing her throat. He looked up to find her staring at him intently. He felt himself blush and glanced at Tina. She was looking at him, an expression of worried curiosity on her face. 

"Why don't we stay in the present, Newt?" Queenie said gently.

"Sorry," he mumbled, ducking his head.

Tina studied him, wondering what he had been thinking. She knew he had been thinking about the time before she had lost her memory and, from the way he had looked at her, she assumed he had been thinking of her. But what exactly was he remembering? she wondered.

"Teen, that's none of your business, even if it is about you," Queenie scolded.

Tina frowned. She looked ready to argue but her sister got to her feet. 

"It's getting late. Jacob and I should go home," she declared. "We'll see you two later."

Newt looked up. "Well, have a good night," he said.