Cena

Tina's eyes fluttered open, blinking against the soft light that filtered through the canopy of leaves above. She looked up at Newt. He was still asleep, a peaceful expression on his face. One of his arms was draped around her waist, holding her close to him. A soft blanket was covering them and she figured he must have created it after she had fallen asleep.

Her eyes traveled back up to Newt's face, settling on his lips. Suddenly, she wanted to wake him up, if only to feel him kiss her again.

The first thing Newt was aware of was a gentle pressure on his lips. Then it was gone. He opened his eyes to find Tina looking at him, a tiny smile on her lips. When she saw that he was awake, she leaned forward and kissed him again. His grip on her waist tightened and he returned the kiss gently.

"Good morning," she breathed when they pulled apart.

"You kissed me," he said sleepily.

"Yes," she said, giving him a confused look. "Why do you sound so surprised?"

"I didn't-- I mean, I didn't know if you'd still be okay with what happened last night," he explained.

"Why wouldn't I be?" she asked. She blushed slightly. "I quite enjoyed that."

Newt smiled, pulling her closer again. However, he hesitated before their lips met.

"Can I kiss you again?" he mumbled.

"You can kiss me whenever you like," Tina murmured before connecting their lips once more.

Newt shifted slightly, moving one of his hands to her head, tangling his fingers in her hair. His other hand moved from her waist to her back, resting on her bare shoulders. He tugged her closer, deepening the kiss. Tina laughed against his lips, moving her hand to his head.

When they broke apart, they snuggled closer to each other. Newt buried his nose in Tina's hair. They lay there for several minutes before either of them said anything. Newt was the first to speak.

"We might want to get up," he mumbled, his grip on her loosening. "We've been out here all night."

"What time is it?"

"I'm not sure. The sun seems to just be coming up so I suppose it's about 6," Newt mumbled.

"Don't you have a watch?" Tina giggled.

"I do, I'm just too lazy to get it out."

"And you're saying we should get up," she accused.

"Well, we should," he muttered. "People are probably worried about us."

"But I'm comfortable," she whined.

Newt chuckled. "So am I," he agreed. He tightened his grip once more, pulling her closer to him. He kissed her again and she returned the kiss eagerly.

Another long silence followed this kiss. However, this time it was broken by Tina.

"Do you wish we were still dating?" she asked quietly.

"It's fine, Tina. I've gotten used to this," Newt said quickly. "I--"

"Don't lie, Newt. Please be honest with me," she interrupted.

"Okay, then," he sighed. "Sometimes, I do wish we were still dating. Sometimes I miss being able to call you my girlfriend. There are times I miss being able to take you in my arms and kiss you whenever I want. I miss going on dates with you. I miss telling you how much I love you and I miss hearing it from you. I miss the time when we were--"