Iter Faciebat

"I've got the tickets," Newt declared before the door shut behind him.

Tina looked up from her work and watched him grin at her as he tugged off his grey coat.

"How many rooms?" she asked with a small frown.

"Just one," he assured her, stepping around the table to press a kiss to the crown of her head. "Though it'll probably make people talk."

Tina snorted. "We already live together. Anyway, who's going to know?"

Newt took a seat at the table and shrugged. "There could always be another witch or wizard on the ship and we're both relatively famous. I've written a book and we've both had our faces in the papers on more than one occasion."

"And you cut my pictures out of the papers and stuck them to the wall of your shed," she teased.

He blushed faintly. "It was the only picture I had," he mumbled.

She laughed softly. "It's touching, Newt," she said. "Besides, I found several newspaper clippings of your face in my room back when I was going through everything."

Newt nodded. "Anyway, we'll need to start packing. We leave in three days."

"I'm surprised you were able to get tickets so short notice."

"It helps that we were only getting one room," he pointed out, getting to his feet.

Tina turned in her chair, resting her arms on the back and her chin on her hands. She watched as Newt pulled off his jacket and tossed it through the door to his room. Then he turned back towards the kitchen.

"Supper?" he suggested, tugging on one end of his bowtie and unbuttoning his waistcoat.

She agreed and he pulled out his wand. She began clearing up the mess she had created on the table, filing each paper appropriately and setting the stack in an out of the way corner. A few minutes later, they were sitting down to a quiet dinner.

When they were done, Tina sent the dishes to the sink with a flick of her wand. Then she and Newt descended into his case to feed all the creatures.

"Should we tell Harper before we leave?" Tina asked as they tossed handfuls of feed to the Mooncalves.

"Before we tell your sister?" Newt said, looking at her pointedly.

"Fair point," she admitted.

"She'd have our heads," he chuckled.

She grinned and he slipped an arm around her waist as they began strolling between the enclosures.

"No, Harper can wait," he went on. "I've let him know we're going to London in a few days but I didn't tell him why. He'll complain when he finds out, but he won't try to kill us."

Tina stopped walking, pulling Newt to a halt as well. He turned to look at her curiously and started to ask if something was wrong. She shook her head before he could get two words out and pulled him closer, kissing him gently. She felt his lips curve into a smile against hers. His hands settled on the small of her back and she hooked her arms around his shoulders. They stood this way for several minutes, enjoying the lazy kiss.

Eventually, she pulled away and smiled up at him.

"Newt," she murmured.

"Hmm?"

"I love you," she mumbled, pressing another kiss to his lips.

"Love you too," he replied. Then he kissed her again.

Tina slipped her hand in Newt's as they made their way across the dock to their ship. Once they had boarded, they handed their tickets to the man at the desk who gave them their key without sparing them a second glance. They quickly found their room and set their suitcases beside their beds.

Newt suggested they go up to the deck to watch the ship launch. She agreed cheerfully and they left the room arm and arm. Stepping out into the open air, they made their way to the rail and leaned against it, staring out across the open sea. The cool breeze lifted Tina's bangs out of her face and chilled her skin. She let out a shiver and tried to pull her coat tighter. Newt moved to stand behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist and resting his chin on her head.

Presently, the ship began to move. They turned to watch as they pulled away from the dock. About half an hour later, the coastline was receding into the distance.

"Newt?" Tina said hesitantly.

"Yes?"

"I think there's something we should discuss before we see Queenie."

"And what is that?" he asked.

"When we're going to get married," she replied. "We don't have to pick a date or anything now, but we should at least discuss it and decide how long we're going to wait before Queenie can arrange everything for us."

Newt chuckled. "True."

"Had we chosen a date?"

He shook his head. "No. We were only engaged for about a month before your accident. Queenie was trying to arrange things, but we figured there was plenty of time to decide."

"So we've been engaged for about eight months now," she said, quickly adding up the months in her head.

"We've been engaged for less than a week," he corrected.

"That's when I remembered, but you proposed to me and I accepted eight months ago."

"Technically, I suppose."

Tina hesitated. "I-- I don't want to wait," she admitted presently. "I mean, I can, if that's what you'd prefer, but-- I suppose what I should have said is that I don't want to make you wait. You've had to put up with me and my missing memories for seven months now when we should have been planning our wedding. Neither of us wants a big wedding so we could be married by the end of the month."

Newt grinned at her and pressed a kiss to her temple.

"I can't tell you how wonderful that sounds," he murmurs. "But there are people in America who will need to be there. They'll need time to travel."

"We can choose a date near the end of the month and send the invitations shortly after we arrive in London. That should give them enough time to get there," she pointed out.

He laughed softly. Then he scooped her up and spun her around before setting her on her feet and pressing a brief kiss to her lips.

"Have I ever told you how wonderful you are?"

She smiled up at him. "Probably more times than I remember."

He laughed again. Even the reminder that she couldn't remember half their relationship couldn't ruin his mood. They had overcome the biggest obstacle life had decided to throw at them and everything was going well.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please vote and comment!

The title of this chapter is "Iter Faciebat" which means 'travelling'.

NEW CHAPTER! YAY! Okay, shout out to salamander_eyess for telling me she'd wait as long as she needed to to get the next chapter. Luckily, you don't need to! I can't promise the next one will be up soon.

Honestly, the reason I was able to get this chapter done at all is because of Elizabeth Peter's Amelia Peabody books. I've been listening to them since my mum suggested them ages ago but I've never gotten through all of them. She kept asking which one I was on and asking if I had gotten to the one where Emerson had amnesia because it was her favourite. I finally got to that one yesterday and it reminded me of this book enough to get myself to work on this again.

Have a good day!

Bye!

Published: 27 March 2020.