Nuntiae Bonae

Queenie screamed. 

In fact, they heard her squealing begin the moment Newt rang the doorbell. A few moments later, the door was opened by a bemused Jacob. His face broke into a grin when he saw them.

"Newt! Tina!" he exclaimed, moving to one side to let them in. "I didn't know you were coming. Why didn't you tell us?"

"We wanted to keep it a surprise," Tina smiled.

"That's not even the biggest surprise," Queenie added. She had appeared at the end of the hall, an arm resting on the swell of her belly.

Tina let out a soft gasp. "Look at you," she breathed, slowly moving towards her sister. "I mean, I knew you were pregnant, but actually seeing it . . ." She trailed off and rested her hands on her sister's bump. She looked up, a question on her lips.

"Eight months," Queenie replied. Tina was about to remove her hands, but she shook her head. "No, wait. She might kick."

As Tina waited, her sister tapped her engagement ring. "I'm glad to see his back where it belongs."

Tina flushed. "Yes, well—"

"I'm not going to tell you that you shouldn't marry him just because you still don't have much of your memory. You've got to know him quite well since the accident and you really remember quite a lot from before it. You just haven't realised that you're remembering it."

"I've missed something, haven't I?" Jacob said.

Tina looked over her shoulder to smile at her brother-in-law. His confused gaze moved between the three of them.

"Tina remembered that I had proposed to her on her last birthday," Newt supplied. "She told me she was still willing to marry me so we're engaged again."

"Congratulations!" Jacob exclaimed, clapping his friend on the back. "So that's why Queenie got excited. When I saw it was you, I just assumed she was happy to see you, but I wondered why she was squealing quite so much."

"Why so soon though?" Queenie whined. "You're only giving me a few weeks to plan!"

"We don't want to wait," Tina said. "I think we've waited long enough."

"You've only been engaged since last August," Queenie pointed out.

"Which feels like a very long time ago, given everything that happened," Newt put in.

Tina let out a soft exclamation.

"What is it?" he asked.

"She kicked!" Tina said. "I felt it." She reached for him and pulled him closer, placing one of his hands beside hers. "Come. Maybe she'll do it again."

A few moments later they felt a gentle kick. This time it was Newt who gave a quiet "Oh!" as Tina grinned.

"I think you should both know that you're thinking the same thing," Queenie said. They both blushed, glancing at each other shyly as they pulled their hands away. She laughed and motioned for them to enter the house. "Come on. Let's all sit down. And maybe Jacob can bring us something to eat."

Tina tightened her grip on Newt's hand as they made their way home.

"Newt," she said hesitantly.

"Hmm?"

"A-according to Queenie, we were both thinking the same thing," she started. "And I was— Well, do you want children?"

"Do you?" he asked.

She swatted at his arm.

"Don't do that," she scolded.