Visita

Tina woke up to the wonderful smell of breakfast cooking. Queenie's here early, she thought sleepily before remembering that her sister was on a boat heading to England. Groaning, she climbed out of bed and changed into her usual blouse and black pants. She pulled on a pair of black, patterned socks and slipped her feet into her shoes. Then she opened the door and left her room.

Newt was setting a dish of food on the table. He looked up when she approached.

"Good morning, Miss Goldstein," he greeted. "Did you sleep well?"

"Well enough," she said.

"Well, sit down, Miss Goldstein."

Tina looked at him skeptically and he couldn't help himself.

"I'm not going to poison you," he teased. Of course, she didn't remember saying that to him, but he remembered it clearly.

She rolled her eyes and dropped into a chair. Now that Jacob and Queenie were gone they were had taken their seats so that they wouldn't have to sit at opposite ends of the table. The meal was a quiet one and when it was done, Newt told Tina to get ready to go.

"We're not gonna change my bandages?" she asked.

He shook his head as he performed a spell to do the dishes. "They'd just have to undo them when we get there. There's no reason to waste a perfectly good bandage. You should probably take the potion though."

Tina shrugged and did as she should. Then moved over to the hatstand near the door, grabbed her coat, and pulled it on. Newt joined her a minute later, setting his case beside him so he could put on his own grey coat. They slipped out of the apartment and Apparated to MACUSA. They quickly made their way to the hospital section and a young Healer showed them into a room. Gallagher joined them a few minutes later.

"Hello. How are things?" she asked cheerfully.

"They're fine," Tina said.

"Have you remembered anything?"

Tina shook her head.

Gallagher nodded. "I didn't think so. Oh, well. Let's take a look at that cut of yours." She moved to undo the bandages and looked at the wound. It was smaller than it had been, now only about a quarter of an inch long, and it hardly bled at all.

"This is good," she observed. "I don't think you'll need that bandage anymore. A simple bit of gauze should do." She spread a bit of ointment on the cut and picked up a small square of gauze, several layers thick. Holding it over the cut, she fixed it in place with a spell. "You can even do this yourself, Miss Goldstein."

"Thanks," Tina mumbled. For some reason, the thought of Newt no longer having to change her bandages upset her. She was immediately glad Queenie wasn't there.

"You can stop taking the Wiggenweld but you'll continue you apply the ointment until the cut has vanished completely," Gallagher explained. "It won't leave a scar."

"What about the second potion?" Newt asked.

The Healer looked thoughtful. "I think it's best for her to continue with that potion for another month at least. Once you come for the next check-up I'll decide if she should stop there or continue." She glanced at her clipboard. "Now, I just need to check a few things and then we'll be done."

She performed a few spells, an enchanted quill writing the results down as she went. 

"All done," she announced a few minutes later. "Do you have any questions?"

"When can I be told about the time I can't remember?" Tina asked. "I mean, I understand that you want me to remember naturally and that you think there are certain things you think I might be uncomfortable with but the fact is I may never remember and have the right to know what's happened in my life."