Calor

Newt and Tina made their way along the halls, walking hand in hand. Shortly before they reached the elevator, they were met by Harper. 

"Hello, there!" he greeted. "You're holding hands."

Tina blushed but didn't let go.

"Is there a problem with that?" she asked.

"Yeah," he replied.

"What?" she demanded.

"Tolliver's not here to see it."

Newt chuckled and Tina let out a laugh, gently smacking Harper with the files she was carrying.

He laughed as well but his expression became seriously almost immediately.

"Speaking of Tolliver," he said. "Please hurry and get yourself up to speed, Goldstein. I'm tired of working with that guy."

"How do you know we'd be working together?" Tina asked.

"Picquery said that when you come back you should be working with someone who knows you relatively well. That leaves me or Tolliver and she doesn't trust Tolliver with you," Harper explained.

"But she trusts you with me?"

"I was never dating you. Besides, I've got a wife."

"Oh. You're married?"

"Yeah." Harper looked pointedly at their joined hands. "And how close are you to getting married?"

"Harper!" Newt groaned.

"Sorry, Newt. But I would like to know if the two of you are dating yet."

"Does everyone need to know our personal business?" Tina demanded.

"No, but I'm not everyone, am I?" Harper pointed out. "We used to work together, Goldstein. We were friends."

"Okay then, but first, did you always call me Goldstein? I mean, you call Newt by his first name."

"Well, no. I used to call you Tina, but--"

"Then, call me Tina," she said. "And yes, Newt and I are dating."

"Excellent!" Harper laughed. "Just wait until Tolliver finds out."

"Don't you dare tell him," Newt said quickly.

"Why not?"

"Because I don't trust him."

"Are you jealous?" Tina teased. "I didn't know you were the jealous type."

"Tina, you don't remember him. I may not be the jealous type, but he definitely is. He's still upset that you dumped him for me."

"I did?" Tina asked, sounding slightly impressed.

"Uh huh."

"Well, good for me." She offered Newt a smile. "I made the right choice."

Newt smiled, blushing slightly, and she pressed a kiss to his cheek. Harper let out a dramatic sigh.

"Enough, Harper," Newt groaned. "Don't you have work to do?"

"Yeah, unfortunately. I'll see you two later."

He slipped past them and continued down the hall. Tina turned to Newt.

"Why do you use his last name when he uses your first?" she asked.

He shrugged. "Everyone calls him Harper. He says the name Alton sounds too stuffy."

"Ah, I see." She frowned. "Why doesn't he go by 'Al' or something?"