Petitiones

"Coffee."

Tina smiled up at Newt as he set the mug down in a clear spot on the table. He pressed a kiss to her temple before moving towards the couch. Picking up the mug, she leaned back in her chair and took a sip of the warm, bitter liquid.

"Newt, doesn't anyone find it strange that we live together when we're not married?" she asked.

He looked up at her. "No."

"Really?"

"Well, how could they if they don't know?"

"What do you mean?"

"Only a handful of people know that I'm actually here. I mean, most people know I'm in New York some of the time, but they don't realize that I've been here all the time in between. Only a few people know that."

"Like who?"

"Harper and Madame Piqcuery. Besides I'm not really living here. I still have a house in London."

"You mean, you're not staying here?" Tina gasped.

Newt got to his feet and moved over to where she sat. He pulled up a chair and sat beside her, taking her free hand in his. She set down her mug and he took her other hand.

"No, Tina," he said. "I'm not staying here. But I'm not leaving, either. I will never leave you. If I go back to England, I'll always bring you with me. Unless, of course, you don't want to come. But I will always come back for you. Unless you really don't want me too."

A smile had formed on her lips as he spoke. When he was done, she leaned forward and rested her forehead against his.

"I think you'll find that it won't be that easy to get rid of me," she teased.

Newt grinned and pressed a kiss to her lips.

"Lucky for me, I don't want to get rid of you," he mumbled against her lips.

Her smile widened and she pushed forward, deepening the kiss. He pulled her closer till she was barely sitting on her chair. Their knees were touching but Tina wanted closer. Breaking the kiss, she got up and moved to sit in Newt's lap. He chuckled before kissing her again. She melted into the kiss.

They stayed like this for several minutes, kissing slowly. Eventually, Newt sighed against Tina's lips and pulled away. He looked her in the eye, a contented smile on his face.

"I love you," he murmured.

She smiled back at him. "I love you too," she replied. She giggled when his eyes lit up. "I should tell you that more often. Especially if you're going to look at me like that every time I do."

Newt pressed another brief kiss to her lips.

"You've been telling me every day for a month," he replied. "I think that's more than enough."

"Has it really been a month?"

"Nearly."

Tina tilted her head sideways. "I suppose it has been." She giggled and kissed him again. "Since when did I start giggling? I'm pretty sure I never giggled before I met you."

Newt chuckled. "I'm quite sure you didn't. But I think it's cute." 

He pressed a kiss to her forehead. She sighed and rested her head on his shoulder.

"I really do love you," she murmured.

Just then, there was a tap on the window. Tina let out a groan.

"Can you get that?" she asked.

"Not exactly. You're sort of on top of me," he pointed out.

She let out a frustrated sigh. "I want to stay here," she groaned. But she pressed a kiss to his cheek before climbing off him and crossing to the window. Pushing the curtain aside, she revealed an owl sitting on the windowsill, tapping on the glass. She pushed the window open and let the bird fly inside.