Chao

Tina gripped Newt's hand as they made their way through the crowd until they reached an empty corner where they could Apparate to Newt's house. He unlocked the door and let her in first.

"I think I'm just going to go to bed," he decided as he pulled off his coat before helping her out of hers. "I can let the creatures out in the morning."

"We did get in later than we were supposed to," she agreed with a yawn. "It's a good thing we didn't tell Queenie and Jacob we were coming. They'd have waited up for us."

Newt extracted Tina's case from his and handed it to her.

"Good night, darling," he murmured, pressing a lingering kiss to her lips.

She smiled against his mouth. "Good night."

"I love you."

"Love you too."

She slipped into her room and quickly changed into her pyjamas. Then she switched out her light and crawled into her bed. She was asleep a few minutes later.

Flames swirled around her, consuming everything in their blue rage. They towered above her, shielding everything from sight. 

She tried to call out but her voice stuck in her throat.

There was a glimpse of grey through the wall of fire. She ran towards it, but the flames lept at her, pushing her back. 

Then they began to rise, twisting themselves into huge dragons, breathing more blue flames down at her.

She countered with a charm.

It only protected her for a moment.

There were shouts. She was standing above the dark cemetery. A man stood beside her.

They yelled something and plunged their wands in the ground.

Golden red flames leapt from the earth. The rose to join the blue ones. To attack the blue ones.

Great red dragons of flame attacked the blue ones, beating them back.

The blue ones pressed on. 

Down. 

They closed in on her.

She was alone.

Alone.

Surrounded.

Alo--

Tina woke with a start. It was still dark outside.

Groping for her wand, she murmured, "Lumos," and glanced at the alarm clock.

3:23.

She had only been asleep for about two hours. Putting her wand down, she rolled over and tried to get back to sleep. But she couldn't. 

Images from her dream kept playing through her mind. She remembered a similar dream from a few months before. She had dreamed about what had happened in Paris.

Was this connected to that? she wondered. She assumed it must be, but it had looked different. For one thing, there hadn't been any dragons made of fire in her last dream.

Letting out a sigh, she pushed her blankets away and climbed out of bed. She picked up her wand and slipped out of her room. She was about to go down to the kitchen to make herself a cup of tea when she changed her mind. Turning, she pushed open the door to her fiancé's room.