forty one.

Jeongguk was incredibly close to losing it.

His eyes were a seemingly permanent shade of red, claws digging into the skin of his palm as he flipped the small desk over.

The brand new book he had gifted his mate lay perfectly intact on the sofa, unaffected by his fury.

A growl rumbled past his lips as he ran a hand through his hair, frightening Seokjin momentarily as he exited the room in a hurry.

The palace guards were being rounded up, disconsolate maids whispered amongst themselves as to what was happening.

The king's mate was gone.

"What do you want to hear me say?! That I fucked up?! I know that."

Jeongguk's voice boomed throughout the room, making Jimin's entire body crawl with goosebumps as he glared back at Jeongguk.

He had just told him everything, from Taehyung's confession to his ultimate mistake.

The omega prince had been upset with the alpha as he quickly explained what had happened.

His mistake had been not following after Taehyung, believing the omega would need some alone to think.

But now he was no where to be found, his scent was fading from how long it had been since he was anywhere near the palace.

It made Jeongguk unexplainably worried and angry, to think that Taehyung had just run away from him.

Would he come back? Or would he feel this emptiness in his chest forever?

"That's the thing Jeongguk, you didn't just fuck up. You hurt him in the one moment he felt vulnerable enough to tell you how he feels."

Jeongguk's chest rose and fell quickly, blood red eyes zeroing in on Jimin who stared at him unflinching, expression blank.

"Do you think I didn't want to say it back? That this was a way for me to get him to hate me?"

Jeongguk tried to look away, realizing he had just accidentally confessed his feelings for taehyung to Jimin.

His cheeks were seconds away from blushing scarlet under Jimin's scrutinizing stare, harshly swallowing as he growled low in his chest.

Every second that passed by without his mate, his Taehyung, by his side got worse.

His wolf was restless, whining like a pup for his mate who was missing from his arms.

Jimin stood up from his spot on the loveseat, eyes determined as he walked right up to Jeongguk.

He could tell Jimin was worried about Taehyung as well, hidden behind a strong front as he knocked some sense into his cousin.

"Are you in love with him?" He asked lowly, not once breaking eye contact with Jeongguk.

There was no hesitation in his answer.

No seconds thoughts or regrets when his heart began to race at the mere thought of his face.

Of Taehyung's beauty smile and his sweet giggle, eyes scrunching up cutely as he kissed him softly.

Jeongguk's eyes went back to a soft brown, lone tear slipping down his cheek when he realized it.

"Yes." He said.

He was angry with himself.

For wasting so much time hating Taehyung for something that was not true in the slightest instead of loving him like he deserved.