thirteen.

The bedroom felt cold and empty as Taehyung sat by the side of the bed.

His eyes were blankly staring down at his exposed thighs where the wedding dress had risen.

There was a pang in his heart at the events that had just taken place, his own mate leaving him.

He sniffled lightly as he fisted the sheets in sadness and a bit of anger.

How could he do that to him?

Kiss him, touch him in ways that no one had ever done before, even mark him before just walking away.

At the mention of the mark, the wound on his neck was literally throbbing.

Perhaps it, too, recognized Taehyung's hurt.

A single tear fell down onto his lap, causing him to eventually break down.

How could Jeongguk do that to him?

How messed up was it to be left alone minutes after submitting to your alpha and admitting vulnerability.

Taehyung could still feel his hands running up his thigh, the firm squeeze to his backside and the hot lips against his neck.

He had been ready.

He was willing to give himself to his alpha like he was supposed to.

Was he not pretty enough? Not desirable?

Was Jeongguk not able to get in the mood?

Why did he just leave him without any aftercare after claiming him as his mate.

Taehyung could feel it. The mate bond.

It wasn't like he would be able to hear Jeongguk's thoughts or anything remotely close.

It was more of an emotional connection.

The thought of Prince Jeongguk now brought him a sense of comfort.

Sure he was upset and angry with him at the moment but he would eventually forgive him and get over it.

Because the latter was his alpha now, his mate mark was displayed on his neck now.

His inner omega would always yearn for the male's touch and attention.

He would want to submit to him any chance he got and please him because he had claimed him.

Eventually Taehyung laid down on the bed by himself, curled up into a ball.

He fell asleep by himself, cold pillow clutched against his chest for comfort.

It smelled faintly like the alpha, seeing as the male had not slept in his room for two days.

A sad whimper left his lips as he desperately inhaled the scent, being careful with his fresh mate mark.

After a few minutes, he was out.

-

The next few days were practically uneventful.

Jeongguk had not been in the room the morning after when Taehyung had woken up.

Although his scent lingered around in the air, meaning that he had entered briefly while Taehyung had been asleep.

The realization brought Taehyung confusion as he emotionlessly laid on the bed for most of the day.

The mate mark had been doing a nice job healing for the most part, making him feel the slightest bit happy.