twenty three.

Taehyung was smiling like a lovesick fool, permanent grin on his lips as he read his book quietly.

Jeongguk was laying right beside him on the bed, own book in hand as he read the last few pages of the one thousand page book.

His brows were furrowed in attempts to concentrate, unable to get past the current page.

He kept thinking back to the way Taehyung's sweet noises filled his ears as his lips lavished his skin.

They were deafening, the sounds, as he pressed his lips against his mate mark.

He cleared his throat lightly as he gripped the book tighter, watching as Taehyung quickly turned to look at him.

Taehyung didn't say anything for a split second before he was slowly closing his book and setting it aside before scooting closer towards Jeongguk.

The alpha could see him from the corner of his eye before Taehyung's hand was slightly touching his arm, innocent eyes looking up at him shyly.

Jeongguk turned to him with a blank look on his face, eyes meeting his as Taehyung slowly cuddled against his arm.

He swallowed harshly as tingles immediately shot up his body, mind screaming at him to move away but his body refused to do the same.

He found himself moving his arm out of Taehyung's hold only to wrap it around his body.

Taehyung instantly pressed closer against his side as his tummy swirled with butterflies.

Jeongguk's hand found itself on Taehyung's waist, fingers ghosting over the sliver of exposed skin where his shirt had risen.

The omega could feel as Jeongguk's chest rose and fell with every breath and the steady beating of his heart.

"T-That's an ugly wolf." Taehyung commented with a frown as he pointed his finger accusingly towards the book in Jeongguk's hand.

The alpha pursed his lips at the picture on the page Taehyung was pointing at, bloody eyed beast with large fangs out.

Those things must have been around in the stone age, distant ancestors of their time.

"That's how I look." Jeongguk said seriously, tense silence filling the room as Taehyung's body literally pressed pause.

"I-I just meant t-that the t-teeth are a little-"

It was amusing to see the way Taehyung attempted to defend himself, body practically shaking in his hold in fear that he had offended him.

"It was a joke." He said simply, making Taehyung's head turn to look up at him.

He blinked back at him once, twice before, "Oh."

It seemed like he hadn't processed what Jeongguk had said until seconds later when he was whining like a kitten.

Jeongguk had closed the book shut by then, unable to concentrate any further now that the source of his distraction was in his arms 

His hand did not move from Taehyung's waist as the omega got more comfortable snuggled up against his side with his head resting on Jeongguk's chest.

After a few moments of silence between them Taehyung was softly speaking up, breathing relaxed.

"Alpha?" 

"What is it?" He replied coolly, looking down to see Taehyung playing with his fingers.

He let out a short huff like he was unsure if he should continue what he was saying, feeling a little embarrassed.

"Is there anything a-about ranks?" Taehyung questioned finally, making Jeongguk's brows furrow as he pondered about it.