forty seven.

Taehyung was over the moon.

The beautiful diamond ring shone beautifully in the moonlight, pretty sparkles lighting up the room when Jeongguk began taking it out of the box.

He had not even realized he was crying until after Jeongguk put the ring on his shaking finger, hands coming up to cup his face and wipe away the tears.

The simple gold band Taehyung had been wearing from their marriage had been slipped off his finger by Jeongguk, who pecked him on the cheek softly before stuffing it in his pocket.

Taehyung knew the alpha would most likely put it in a safe place, not too worried about the sentimental value of it now that he had a new one that was personal to him.

"I love you so much," Taehyung whispered against his lips when Jeongguk pulled him closer by the waist, moaning into the alpha's mouth as he deepened the kiss.

He pressed him up against the balcony, drawing a shriek from Taehyung who held onto the nape of his neck for dear life.

He refused to look back, giggling as he threw his had back to laugh and felt kisses left down his throat.

A naughty hand reaching beneath his dress had Taehyung gasping, quickly pushing his hand away with an embarrassed, "someone could see!"

Jeongguk stifled a laugh right then and there, lazy smirk on his lips as Taehyung's face became flustered.

His eyes held a mischievous glint as he pulled Taehyung away from the balcony and into the room, hands reaching out to tickle his sides.

"Is this better?" He asked, fueled on to continue by the squeals leaving the omega's lips as he attempted to get away.

He was squirming in his hold, doubling over when Jeongguk tickled his armpits.

"Stop!" He giggled out, feeling his sides hurt from laughing so hard when Jeongguk suddenly manhandled him with a single arm around his middle.

He gasped in surprise when the alpha squished his cheeks between his hand before planting a fat kiss to his lips, drawing a whine from Taehyung who puckered his lips even more.

"Pretty," Jeongguk muttered as he stared at Taehyung's adorable pout, taking his left hand in his and bringing it up to his lips to kiss.

Taehyung flushed a pretty shade of pink as his mate walked them back to their dinner table where he proceeded to open a bottle of wine.

Taehyung sat in his chair and tapped his feet lightly against the floorboards as Jeongguk poured him a glass before placing it in front of him.

The omega found himself humored at the sudden thought that crossed his mind the second he took a small sip of the alcoholic beverage.

"What is it?" Jeongguk asked as he watched Taehyung's lips curl into a smile, soft giggle resulting from his mate's question.

"Maybe-... Maybe it's a good way to get used to the taste." The omega found himself answering, cheeks flushed when Jeongguk stared at him blankly.

Realization seemed to dawn upon him a few seconds later when Taehyung took another small sip, nose still scrunched up a bit but it seemed like he was doing better at handling his taste buds.

"Does it taste just like this?" The alpha asked, voice growing lower with every word as his eyes became a darker shade of brown, borderline auburn.

They had talked about it the morning after Taehyung first woke up, the omega incredibly embarrassed after having overreacted and passed out.

Jeongguk had been incredibly understanding, repeatedly telling him it was alright when Taehyung sulked in disappointment at himself for ruining the mood.

His alpha had said it was normal, omegas usually just got used to it and didn't even notice how strong the taste was.

It wasn't entirely unheard of for an omega to get slightly overwhelmed with the taste of an alpha's semen, especially if they were new to it.

"Stronger," Taehyung mumbled, soft sigh leaving his lips as he stared into his glass with huge doe eyes.

Jeongguk felt a growl threaten to rise up his throat as he took a sip of the wine, feeling himself becoming aroused from their casual dirty talk.

"More," Taehyung stuck his empty glass in Jeongguk's direction, making the alpha quirk a brow at his eagerness.

The omega's eyes were round, expectantly staring at Jeongguk who hesitated in pouring him some more, especially knowing that Taehyung had arrived to the palace hating the taste of alcohol.

But then again, things had changed.

"That's it, no more." He warned him, watching as Taehyung nodded in understanding.

He didn't want the omega to end up tipsy because of the wine, not exactly wanting to end their night with the omega out of his mind.

"Alpha?" Taehyung asked quietly after a few moments, fidgeting in his chair lightly when Jeongguk's eyes instantly snapped towards him.

"Yeah?" He encouraged him to speak, unsure of what the omega had on his mind as he stared down at the pretty diamond ring on his finger.

"Wanna wear a pretty, long dress and have our first dance together in front of the entire kingdom. I'll even write my own vows for you because I want you to hear it from my own words. Wanna be yours forever alpha." 

Maybe Taehyung was feeling a little tipsy, words spoken boldly in a sudden rush of confidence at the sight of Jeongguk listening intently to what he had to say.

"Anything you want, I promise," he replied, eyes suddenly filled with determination.

Taehyung stayed quiet for a moment, contemplating whether he wanted to share one final thought. And in the end, he did because he wanted Jeongguk to know that he was serious.

"Pups," he mumbled softly as his eyes rose from staring at the wine glass to the way Jeongguk's expression morphed into an unreadable one.

He didn't say anything, jaw suddenly clenched and God, he was releasing pheromones around the room like a cologne bottle.

Taehyung was glad he was sitting down or else he was sure his knees would have given out from under him.

"You want pups?" Jeongguk repeated, tone of voice sounding gentle, almost unsure he heard him correctly.

"Mhm," Taehyung nodded his head lightly, cheeks flushed from Jeongguk's piercing stare that made his stomach feel funny.

The idea of ever asking an alpha something so straightforward like that had always felt taboo but there he was, talking about it over a glass of wine.

"Okay," he said, "I'll give you as many as you want." 

Taehyung felt delirious as he nodded his head eagerly, watching as Jeongguk rose up from his chair and made his way over to him.

"What-?" He mumbled softly when Jeongguk picked him up by the armpits.

"It's late and you have to wake up early if you want check on tanzanite and make it in time for your training."

Taehyung whined against Jeongguk's shoulder as he was carried back to their bedroom, not the least bit worried when Jeongguk took off his shoes for him and helped him remove his dress.

He sat by the foot of the bed as he waited for Jeongguk to pick out his nightgown, pouting even after reassuring Jeongguk that he felt fine.

The alpha's eyes wandered but he never touched beyond his shoulders, kissing him softly as Taehyung snuggled against his chest.

"Thank you alpha." He said quietly, not sure what exactly he was thanking him for.