thirty five.

"Where did you get this from?" Taehyung mumbled softly as he ran the pad of his finger lightly down the faint scar on Jeongguk's cheek.

They were in the garden, a big change from their usual evening reading and cuddles. Not to mention it was bright and fairly early, a little past nine in the morning.

A pretty, red summer dress hugged the curve of Taehyung's waist, ending right about mid-thigh.

The early birds were chirping away in the sky as Taehyung smiled at a blue bird fluttering by.

Jeongguk was calm, his eyes warm as he held his hip with one hand and made sure his omega's dress wouldn't accidentally rise up.

His gaze kept flickering down to where Taehyung's new necklace lay, making the omega's stomach turn with butterflies.

"Fencing," he said simply, a nostalgic look coming over his face before he was explaining further.

"We were young, Jimin and I. We thought we could do it without any gear."

Taehyung winced at the thought of Jeongguk getting cut on his face with an actual sword, not liking the idea of it whatsoever.

"Do you enjoy fencing now?" He asked curiously, retracting his hand when Jeongguk turned to look at him.

"It's what I do best... Would you like to try?" 

Taehyung was taken back by the request, unsure if he would only embarrass himself in the process.

He bit his lip as Jeongguk waited for his response, fingers hesitantly beginning to reach for Taehyung's hand.

"Right now?"

Jeongguk must have taken his tone of voice as him being convinced, therefore pulling both of them up and off the grass.

Taehyung shrieked as he pulled his dress down, cheeks warm when Jeongguk laced their fingers together.

"Come on," he said instead, pulling Taehyung along who followed with an excited look on his face.

He had never seen anyone participate in fencing or knew how to play for that matter. 

The only reason he knew what it was was due to the prince in one of his books having a duel with another.

He remembered he had asked his Hoseok hyung what it was, recalling him explaining that it was indeed a combat sport where some sort of sword was used.

So, it was only fair to say that Taehyung was slightly nervous when Jeongguk led them into a huge room with a high ceiling and a mat on the floor.

He walked them straight over to a changing closet, where he proceeded to bring out a couple of things such as a jacket, pants, a mask, gloves, and a plastron.

"Here, you can change over here." Jeongguk took him over to a corner, handing Taehyung the protective gear.

The alpha seemed to pause his excited rambling, watching Taehyung's big round eyes before leaning down to press their lips together.

Taehyung couldn't help the giggle that left his lips when a soft smack was delivered to his ass before Jeongguk was walking off to change himself.

It was nice to see Jeongguk so enthusiastic about something, he closely resembled a child at a candy store.

"I-I'm not sure I put this on right," Taehyung huffed minutes later as he struggled to put the jacket on.

Jeongguk was quick to intervene, already changed into his own gear before helping Taehyung fix his attire.