twenty.

The sudden opening and closing of the door left Taehyung no time to compose himself with his tears.

He sniffled loudly as footsteps grew closer to him on the bed before they paused, air suddenly tense.

Taehyung was in the process of turning around to look, despite recognizing the familiar scent as soon as they entered the room.

The omega pathetically attempted to wipe his tears but there was a hand on his upper arm, turning his body around.

The grip was firm yet gentle as he was forced to look up at the person leaning over him.

"Are you hurt?" Jeongguk's tense voice rippled through the room as he inspected Taehyung's face carefully.

It was not the first time that he had heard Taehyung crying but back then it was different.

He was the reason for his tears.

But now his omega was crying for some unknown reason.

The sound of Taehyung sniffling and releasing distressed pheromones into the room was alarming and slightly concerning to come back to.

He had been fine in the morning before he left, making Jeongguk wonder what had changed if he had been locked up in the bedroom the entire time.

He couldn't stop himself from asking, his wolf desperately wanting to know what was wrong and how to fix it.

Taehyung was trying to cover his tear stained face with his other hand out of embarrassment although it was too late for the alpha, who's eyes were already inspecting his face.

"I-I'm fine." Taehyung mumbled weakly in attempts to get Jeongguk to stop staring at him.

The male did not look the least bit convinced as he continued to assess the situation.

Taehyung avoided mentioning the entire reason why he had been so upset, feeling not only like a jealous mate but insecure and embarrassed.

What if he had it all wrong and misinterpreted things or jumped to conclusions.

He suddenly felt so silly once Jeongguk was leaning over him in concern.

So instead, he gripped the front of Jeongguk's shirt lightly, silently begging him to lie down beside him.

When the male quietly complied, the omega was quick to bury his face into Jeongguk's neck.

In that moment he was not the least bit worried that Jeongguk would push him away, and when that did not occur, he further convinced himself that it was his own insecurities that led him to think the worst about his mate.

He sniffled lightly as Jeongguk sat up on the bed with his back against the headboard, Taehyung beside him as he inhaled his scent.

It was warm and comforting, making the omega quickly realize that he was releasing calming pheromones for him.

His belly felt full with dancing butterflies as a weak smile rose onto his lips before fingertips were grazing the skin of his waist.

Taehyung sighed in content as he rubbed his nose against the column of Jeongguk's neck, feeling as the fingertips became an entire hand.

His eyelids fluttered shut as a soft whine left his lips, barely aware of the second in which Jeongguk gripped his leg and threw it over his own.

Taehyung grew slightly embarrassed once he realized he was practically straddling his lap, strong hand settled on the small of his back.