seventeen.

The following morning, Jeongguk was on a mission to have a word with his dear cousin.

He had woken up much too early in the day, but one look at Taehyung's sleeping form was enough to get him on his feet for good.

Not only did he look so peaceful and vulnerable in his sleep, but the sheets on his lower half were tangled between his legs exposing his smooth, tan skin.

The material of the satin shorts had risen up to expose the meaty underside of his ass, causing Jeongguk's stomach to stir with want.

He knew it was just his insatiable alpha talking but the longer he stayed and stared at the omega, the harder it would be to control the urge to feel the flesh for himself.

A low growl stumbled from his lips when the omega mumbled incoherent words under his breath and hugged the pillow tighter.

Within seconds Jeongguk was rising from the bed, knowing his eyes were beginning to shine crimson and shifting inside the palace was the last thing he needed.

After walking off to take a quick cold shower and calming his wolf down, Jeongguk managed to get dressed without the omega moving a single muscle.

He eyed his sleeping form one last time, expression blank before closing the door and walking off in search for Jimin.

The search for his omega cousin did not take long upon starting, quickly spotting the shorter male wandering outside in the garden.

"Jimin." Jeongguk called out once he was close, jaw tightening when his cousin turned around with an innocent smile.

The omega's hands were in the pockets of his coat, stance relaxed despite seeing Jeongguk's predatory approach.

He was clearly not so happy with him as he got a little too close to his face before hissing quietly, "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

Jimin did not lower his gaze once, knowing that Jeongguk would see it as a challenge to his authority but he also knew that his cousin was a huge ass who needed to be put in his place.

"I don't know what you're talking about, now let go of me-"

Jimin's words were rudely cut off by Jeongguk who snarled loudly in his face, hand reaching out to grip Jimin's forearm tightly.

The omega gasped at the harsh grip, pain borderline excruciating when Jeongguk tightened his hold upon seeing Jimin's pained expression.

His eyes were a dark red shade, veins on his forehead prominent, and Jimin could have sworn he could feel his claws piercing his skin.

Why was Jeongguk losing control?

"J-Jeongguk- what the fuck! Let go of me!" Jimin's voice rose higher in panic when Jeongguk's body began to shake and his eyes clouded over.

After somehow managing to remove Jeongguk's hold on him, the alpha was stepping back with a cold look on his face.

His eyes were back to that chocolate brown color but his expression was still angry, he blinked a few times as if to regain composure.

He was breathing heavily as Jimin eyed him with a look of disbelief on his face, not believing that the latter had tried to hurt him.

Shivers crawled up his spine at the thought of Jeongguk actually attacking him and possibly seriously hurting him.

Jeongguk had never put his hands on him like that, not with the intent of actually hurting him and the thought was terrifying to say the least.

Knowing that no one would be able to defend him if it came to that because the alpha king was just simply too strong.