thirty four

Taehyung's hesitant request to see his handmaid came quickly after Jeongguk left for work nearly two weeks later.

He had quietly left the confinement of the four walls around him, carefully looking down the hall for anyone in sight to ask.

Seokjin had mentioned that whenever he was not tending to his needs (which weren't a lot considering Taehyung felt bad asking him to do things), he was usually working in the kitchen.

But unfortunately, he did not know where the kitchen was, seeing as he didn't even know where Jeongguk's chambers ended and where the main area in the palace began.

He pouted in frustration when he turned down another unfamiliar hallway, unsure if Jeongguk had ever taken him down that row before.

The omega huffed in defeat as he realized he had no clue where he was even headed, arms crossed over his chest as he turned back around.

A surprised gasp left his lips as he nearly crashed into the exact person he wished to see.

A sigh of relief left his lips at the sight of Seokjin looking at him equally surprised, eyes startled momentarily at their close collision.

"Taehyung- did you need something?," He stated, not sure what else to say.

He could see the expectant look on Seokjin's face as he cocked his head to the side in confusion.

"I was wondering if you could get me some oils, maybe?"

Taehyung's face was hopeful, staring back at Seokjin who suddenly appeared flabbergasted.

The omega grew confused for a moment due to his reaction but when the realization of what he had insinuated set in, he was blushing a deep shade of red.

Seokjin most likely thought they were for him or for Jeongguk to use on him.

Seokjin raised an eyebrow teasingly when Taehyung practically choked on his own spit, eyes wide,

"Oh- no, no! My alpha has been under a lot of stress lately so I thought it would be nice to offer a massage."

Jeongguk was busier than ever with paperwork all day long, coming home only to shower before slipping under the sheets.

It was clear that he felt bad about not spending time with Taehyung, arms pulling him against his chest when he believed the omega was already asleep.

Due to that belief, Taehyung would get to hear his tired sighs and watch him attempt to massage his own shoulders.

Seokjin's face immediately brightened at the wonderful idea, informing Taehyung that he could definitely help out.

"Of course! I'll have them brought to your bedroom in a little bit,"

It was only then that Taehyung looked down at Seokjin's hands where he was currently holding a nicely folded wool blanket.

But what struck Taehyung was that it was not clean laundry like anyone else would assume.

There was a certain scent clinging to it that Taehyung felt like he had smelled it somewhere before, earthy and musky.

Seokjin seemed to catch onto where Taehyung's gaze had fallen, eyes slightly panicked as he clutched the blanket tightly.

Could that possibly be... a courting gift?

Taehyung blinked up at Seokjin who looked like he did not know what to say, making him smile sweetly at the way Seokjin's face turned red with embarrassment.