twenty six.

The dinner went by mostly uneventful.

Taehyung sat to the right of Jeongguk while Jimin sat opposite to him, silverware lightly scraping against their plates.

It was slightly awkward for Taehyung who had never been to such event, never had to commemorate a deceased loved one.

At one point or another he stopped eating at the sight of Jimin playing around with the food on his plate.

Jeongguk quickly noticed the change in his omega's scent, placing a warm hand on his thigh before squeezing lightly.

Instantly Taehyung was looking up at him, sad pout on his lips decreasing when Jeongguk stared back at him.

It brought him back to moments ago in their bedroom when Taehyung's face shone in disbelief at the compliment.

The way he bashfully thanked the alpha as the apples of his cheeks burned red and shivers crawled up his spine.

"Eat," he murmured softly, loud enough for only Taehyung to hear.

Dinner proceeded as planned, the queen speaking to Jimin lightly about how wonderful the garden looked.

Apparently her sister loved nature and outdoors, spending most of her time caring for plants.

Taehyung was glad the conversation was never directed towards him, quietly sitting and accompanying Jimin.

The other omega's eyes were still puffy but it was clear that makeup had been applied overtop to lessen the redness.

He smiled weakly as the queen spoke to him in hushed whispers, nodding every so often.

The night concluded with a toast for Jimin's parents although Taehyung was not allowed to drink.

It was not like he wanted to anyway, but the queen brought up the reason being that he could possibly be carrying pups unknowingly and it could be harmful.

Taehyung had blushed softly at her words before nodding lightly in understanding and avoided correcting her by stating he was still very much a virgin.

Jeongguk had cleared his throat lightly at his mother's words, picking up his own glass of champagne.

Jimin had stayed silent from across the table as he preferred to not cause commotion with the revelation.

When they got back to their bedroom later that night, Taehyung calmly took off his makeup and dress before changing into his sleepwear set.

It consisted of a white silk tank top with lacy detail on the neckline and matching pants.

Jeongguk had quickly changed out of his clothes much faster than the other which explained why he was already in bed.

This time Taehyung was less hesitant to go to his side, crawling into bed with him.

Jeongguk was not reading his book as Taehyung shyly pressed his head against the male's chest.

Seconds later there was a hand going around his waist, practically scooping him in.

Taehyung's nose scrunched up at the smell of alcohol coming from Jeongguk's mouth, "You smell like alcohol."

Jeongguk could detect the distaste in his voice without even having to look at him, brows drawn together.

"Do you not enjoy alcohol?" He asked simply.

"Never had it before." Taehyung commented lightly as he enjoyed the feeling of Jeongguk's heart beating against his chest.