twenty nine.

The door burst open less than five minutes after Dr. Kim left the room, Taehyung pouting as he stared down at his band-aid.

The spot felt a little sore, arm stiffly extended out in front of him.

Within seconds the alpha's scent filled his nose, narrowed eyes scanning the room until they landed on Taehyung.

The omega's face visibly relaxed at the sight of his mate, meeting him half way to launch himself into his arms.

"I could smell you from down the hall," Jeongguk growled lowly as he buried his face into the omega's neck, not liking how distressed and anxious he smelled.

Taehyung bunched up the material of Jeongguk's shirt between his hands, shaky breath leaving his lips.

"Jeongguk," he sniffled as he pulled the alpha closer, tummy bursting with butterflies at the hand going around his waist.

"What is it? Why was I called?" Jeongguk asked, low rumble leaving his lips at the sight of Taehyung's tear-stained cheeks.

The sudden smell of blood around the room had Jeongguk quite literally freezing, shoulders tense as he sniffed Taehyung.

It was the bloody bandaid that was proven guilty, the alpha's brows furrowed at the sight.

"T-There was a doctor," Taehyung began softly, rubbing his eyes with his fist.

Jeongguk let out a low growl at his words, knowing well who would have sent them, his mother.

He had spoken with her about it, but it was clear that the woman had not taken his word for it.

"Did they hurt you? I will-" Jeongguk's words were cut off by Taehyung vigorously shaking his head.

"N-No, I was just scared." He explained, sniffling as Jeongguk nosed at his scent gland.

The realization that Jeongguk had been releasing calming pheromones for him had Taehyung sighing softly, immediately feeling better.

"I apologize... I spoke with my mother but it seems she did not have any trouble going through with it anyway."

Taehyung pouted before nodding his head lightly, "It's okay."

Jeongguk still seemed troubled despite Taehyung claiming it was alright, heart beating rapidly in his chest as Taehyung placed his hand lightly over it.

A surprised squeal left his lips when Jeongguk was suddenly gripping the back of his thighs and forcing him to wrap his legs around his waist before taking them over to the bed.

He settled with the omega in his lap quietly, thighs straddling his lap as Taehyung blushed furiously at their position and placed his hands on the alpha's shoulders to steady himself.

"Alpha's here," he murmured softly, voice barely above a whisper.

There was a rough hand placed on the small of his back as Taehyung made himself small on the latter's lap by burying his face into Jeongguk's neck.

It only took mere seconds before the omega was out, soft snores leaving his lips as his breath tickled Jeongguk's skin.

-

The days after that were long and boring for Taehyung who remained cooped up in their bedroom.

He had asked Jeongguk two days prior if he could select a new book from the library seeing as he had already finished the one he had been reading.

The alpha had accompanied him down the long hall to the huge collection of books in the library, watching from afar as Taehyung carefully picked up the books with utter love and care.