thirty one.

After spending the entire night cuddling in his alpha's arms, Taehyung woke up feeling better than ever.

Jeongguk had not let him out of his hold the entire time, nose buried into his neck as he secured an arm around his waist.

His breath was tickling the omega's skin who tried moving away lightly only to draw a low growl from Jeongguk before his eyes were snapping open.

"It tickles," Taehyung whined softly before the alpha pressed a kiss to his mate mark.

He was just beginning to feel as a warm palm traveled up his thigh when a soft knock on the door was heard before Seokjin was walking in with the breakfast cart.

Jeongguk immediately ripped his hand away before a low snarl left this lips as he pulled down the omega's rising nightgown.

He knew Seokjin was no real threat but his alpha instincts were telling him to cover his omega's body from the prying eyes of any other male.

Seokjin politely excused himself after leaving the cart with a bow, making Taehyung smile at him in appreciation.

They ate breakfast quietly as usual, this time Taehyung shyly hand fed the alpha some grapes from the fruit tray.

He giggled nervously when Jeongguk pulled him closer by his hips, practically seating him on his lap.

The alpha continued to eat with an arm wrapped around the omega, palm flat onto his belly.

It wasn't until Taehyung was finishing the remaining food on his plate that he felt Jeongguk shift lightly. 

Almost immediately he was panicking, believing the alpha would leave him alone all day again to go to work.

"No!" He whimpered, turning around and hugging Jeongguk closer, practically straddling his lap.

He buried his face into his alpha's neck, pressing small kisses to his jaw as Jeongguk's hand fell to his hip.

It finally dawned to the alpha that his omega believed that he would leave him alone, making him patiently wait for Taehyung to calm down.

He let Taehyung scent him to his heart's desire, warm palm running up and down the omega's back slowly.

A soft whimper left Taehyung's lips when Jeongguk made a move to slowly pull him away.

"Sh," he murmured, pulling Taehyung's head back by the nape of his neck.

His eyes were glossy, cheeks flushed as he sniffled softly before Jeongguk pressed a kiss to his cheek.

"Look at me, why are you crying?" Jeongguk's voice was stern, making Taehyung shiver lightly before he was finally meeting his gaze.

His bottom lip quivered when Jeongguk wiped away a fallen tear with the pad of his thumb.

"Y-You're gonna leave m-me," Taehyung choked a sob, small frame shaking in Jeongguk's lap.

"I won't." 

Jeongguk's voice was final, making Taehyung nod slowly to try to convince himself that the latter was not lying.

"Okay," he sniffled as he rubbed his eye, suddenly feeling embarrassed that he had caused a scene that ended up with him in the alpha's lap.

"What is it that you want to do?" Jeongguk asked minutes later just as all of Taehyung's tears had been brushed away.

He had begun to play with a loose string on Jeongguk's shirt when the latter asked, eyes suddenly lightening up at his words.

"Could we go to the village?"