twenty five.

"Alpha? What's going on?" Taehyung's eyes followed the people coming in and out of the palace with tables and chairs.

It was still very early in the morning, Jeongguk had just gotten out of the shower when he spotted Taehyung peeking out through the curtain.

Water droplets were still falling from his wet hair as he looked his way, "It must be for Jimin's parent's death anniversary. 

 Taehyung's face immediately saddened at the reminder, letting the curtain fall back down.

"It's today?" He asked as he watched Jeongguk tuck in his black button up shirt.

"Yes, which reminds me, we'll all be having dinner together in the garden tonight." Jeongguk mentioned casually, meanwhile Taehyung was already freaking out.

Dinner with the king and queen?

It seemed like Jeongguk could sense the change in his expression as he ruffled his damp hair. 

"My mother has already arranged for a dress to be sent to the room later today," he spoke, watching as Taehyung's eyes snapped up to meet his.

"Thank you," Taehyung spoke softly, grateful smile on his lips.

Jeongguk simply nodded, slipped on his black shoes before walking closer to Taehyung who was still standing by the window.

Taehyung could see the way the alpha was hesitating, eyes wavering before he finally approached him.

He was right in front of him, expression unreadable before he was clearing his throat lightly.

Taehyung respectfully lowered his gaze to Jeongguk's chest, not meeting his eye.

"Jimin likes to spend these days in the garden," he pointed out, making Taehyung confused as to what he was getting at.

Taehyung's face must have shown his confusion because Jeongguk was reaching forward to grip his chin.

It was not rough by any means but his grip was firm, eyes dead serious as Taehyung's gaze met his.

The omega swallowed harshly as Jeongguk's eyes seemed to search his own.

"You may go to him on one condition," he spoke slowly, watching as Taehyung's long lashes fanned his cheeks with every soft blink.

Taehyung could not deny the excitement that bubbled up inside of him, suddenly not caring whatever the condition was.

He would be able to see Jimin!

"You do not get close enough to exchange scents."

The request was a hard one for Taehyung who instantly felt like whining and complaining about the rule.

How was he supposed to tell Jimin he couldn't hug him?

Especially on the day that he needed it the most.

When Taehyung did not respond and his scent because slightly sour, Jeongguk was quick to pull his closer by the waist.

Their chests were touching as he gripped his chin tighter, "Hey look at me when I'm talking to you,"

Taehyung was pouting, he could not help himself as he peered up at Jeongguk.

Shivers crawled up his spine at the alpha's words, knowing it was a warning.

But he could not help the heat that instantly pooled in his belly at the male's words, desperately hoping he could not detect the spike in his scent.