sixteen.

Later that same night Taehyung realized that Jeongguk's mood could change within the blink of an eye.

Soon after the coronation Jeongguk had disappeared with the king, leaving Taehyung alone with Jimin.

They took a stroll around the garden as they watched some of the hired help take down the platform after most of the guests had left.

Jimin helped keep his mind off of things for the most part. Taehyung even told him about Jeongguk's kind gestures the entire day.

He had a silly smile on his lips as he told Jimin how Jeongguk had held his hand and kissed him too.

Jimin seemed a little hesitant in celebrating with him, simply expressing happiness for him.

But before either of them knew it, it grew dark.

It must have been seven or eight at night by the time Jimin walked him back to Jeongguk's chambers.

He was not allowed to enter due to some odd rule they had in palace.

Nonetheless Taehyung thanked him for keeping him company before going on his way to the bedroom.

But he definitely was not counting on Jeongguk sitting there, on the bed with his long legs crossed and back leaning against the headboard.

He was wearing a casual grey t-shirt and black sweatpants, muscled veiny arms on display.

Upon hearing the door open and Taehyung come into view with his pretty dress still on from the ceremony, Jeongguk grew livid to say the least.

He had already been upset when he came up to their room about an hour ago and the room was empty.

He had taken a shower to calm himself down before laying down and reading a book.

His mate had already broken a very important rule by simply leaving his chambers unannounced but now he was out all day long without his alpha and to top it off he smelled like someone familiar.

Within seconds he was slamming the book shut and approaching Taehyung who was standing frozen by the door.

He pressed the omega against the shut door, chests nearly touching as he hovered over him breathing heavily.

"Where have you been?" He raised his voice slightly to where Taehyung practically cowered into himself with nowhere else to hide.

Jeongguk's eyes were a scary shade of red and the veins on his forehead were protruding, making Taehyung afraid that he had really angered him.

"I-I was w-with Jimin." Taehyung stuttered quietly over his words.

But instead of calming the alpha, it only seemed to anger him even more.

His fist slammed right beside Taehyung's head into the wall, jaw clenched before he exhaled loudly.

Taehyung whimpered in fear at the frightening act, flinching when Jeongguk stared down at him.

"It's Prince Jimin. You don't get on first name basis, omega."

The words hurt more than Taehyung could have imagined.

Just when he thought Jeongguk was warming up to him and their marriage, he goes and messes things up.

Taehyung felt upset with himself for getting Jeongguk mad and breaking the rules when he knew the alpha would eventually find out.

"I-I'm sorry." Taehyung's bottom lip wobbled as Jeongguk's eyes pierced into his with so much intensity it left him breathless.

"Alpha."