seven.

"Kneel."

His body felt frozen, incapable of moving as his brain went into a frenzy.

There was a voice inside of him screaming at him. At first it was a small whisper, quickly growing persistent.

Taehyung could see his own chest rising and falling quickly, eyes staring intensely at the red carpet beneath him as he clenched his jaw.

He couldn't believe the words the male had just uttered to him, the first words that had come out of his mouth directed towards him.

It was an alpha's command, everyone in the room had been aware of it just by the tone of voice.

It was strong and demanding. 

Filled with dominance, making the omega's body tremble with the need to obey.

Obey the alpha's wishes and fall to his knees before him.

The prince wanted him to submit to him, to force him into a vulnerable and humiliating position where everyone would be able to see him.

In a way, it hurt his heart at the thought. 

For a split-second Taehyung thought the queen or king would object and stop the prince from forcing him but there was simply silence.

No one said a word, simply waiting for the poor omega to obey the alpha like he was expected to.

And he couldn't stop his own body from falling onto his knees, tears threatening to spill from his eyes as the rough carpet rubbed against his flesh.

It was as if he had no control over his own body, chest rising and falling quickly yet no other sound was made.

There was a voice inside his head screaming at him to just submit, to bare his neck to his alpha and obey his every command.

A whimper was threatening to fall from his lips, forcing him to bite down on his lip harshly.

He could smell the alpha pheromones in the air, making his entire body fill with goosebumps.

It was strong and asserting, making it clear to the omega that he was doing it on purpose.

It made him feel dizzy for a minute, placing his clammy palms on his thighs.

"Seems you're quick at obeying orders. Good." He said, pausing for a second to observe the omega before him.

"That is where you belong." He said, eyes trained on how the omega was resting on his knees.

Taehyung could not believe the cruel words that were slipping past the prince's lips, brows furrowed as small tears threatened to slip down his cheek.

He had yet to meet the prince's eyes at all but the recollection of his handsome face all around the village made him confused as to how someone so beautiful could be so downright rude and demanding.

There was no denying that the words hurt, making Taehyung's heart ache for a second.

He was swallowing harshly to stop himself from succumbing to tears and making an even bigger fool of himself.

The idea of his future mate wanting him to kneel before him and obey pained him deeply for he had other thoughts in mind.

He had envisioned Jeongguk as prince charming, a kind and compassionate prince who loved and respected others around him.

He would sweep him off his feet and fall in love with him upon meeting.

But this was the complete opposite and Taehyung couldn't help but wish it were a nightmare.