twenty two.

Taehyung bit his lip anxiously as he folded the letter right back up, licking his lips quickly before walking over to the window.

He would be lying if he said that Jimin's words had not touched his heart in an unimaginable way, wanting nothing more than to see the prince once again.

He quickly pulled the curtain back to look outside, warm sun immediately touching his face as he contemplated what he should do.

Within mere days Jimin had proven himself to be a friend in a time of need and whether he knew it or not, Taehyung had grown attached to the only sense of comfort in the house.

Jimin was kind and sweet with his words, giving Taehyung flowers when he briefly mentioned they were pretty, and had offered his coat more than once when he began to shiver with the cold.

Taehyung had already made up his mind, Jeongguk would not be back for a few more hours which meant he wouldn't even have to find out he left the room.

There was something inside of him screaming to stop, to turn back and sit down as he put on his shoes and ruffled his hair a bit before taking a deep breath and slowly turning the doorknob.

It was like his body was trying to defy him as he was physically unable to twist the knob, brows furrowed as a whisper in the wind demanded him to obey his alpha's rules.

He concentrated as best as he could until it finally opened, making him sigh in relief before peeking out into the hallway and seeing it empty.

He practically booked it down towards the garden, remembering Jimin's words for where to find him.

He encountered no one on his way there, breathing out heavily in relief as he began to look around the garden.

He was now beginning to realize just how much he had missed it, the flower's scent and the cool air in his hair as he walked towards the blossoms.

As expected Jimin was sitting in the grass with a thoughtful look on his face before hearing rustling near him and looking up to see Taehyung.

Within seconds he was rising to his feet, surprising Taehyung when he hugged him tightly.

The boy's eyes widened as Jimin's hand cradled the nape of his neck like you would to a child, chin resting on his shoulder.

After a few seconds he was pulling away, eyes inspecting Taehyung's face with concern before scanning his body in search for any injuries.

"Are you alright?" He questioned immediately before Taehyung quickly nodded, feeling like a baby when Jimin held both hands in his.

"I got your letter." Taehyung commented lightly, shy smile on his lips as he remembered the sweet words.

No one had ever written him a letter like that nor said such kind words about him.

It was nice.

"Yeah? I thought you wouldn't come." Jimin confessed as he motioned for Taehyung to sit in the spot beside him on the grass.

"My alpha ordered me not to leave the room. He does not know I am here." Taehyung said, slightly ashamed of sneaking out without permission.

"Hm," Jimin hummed in acknowledgement at his words, "So then why are you here?"

Taehyung knew he could have said Jimin asked him to come but the truth was he could have ignored his letter and stayed in the room alone all day.

"B-Because I wanted to see you as well." He said timidly, cheeks pink when Jimin laughed lightly.