Kanans off day

Season 4, day after Jedi Night but everyone is happy and alive.

Kanan Age: 24

Ezra Age; 19

No ones POV

Kanan sat on the edge of the cliff, watching the sunset. He took a deep breath of relief before coughing slightly, holding his chest. He shakes his head and continued watching the sunset, taking in all the surroundings with his vision restored. He never realized how much he took for granted before he ended up losing his sight.

"It's getting late, we should head to bed soon. Been a long few days and you look exhausted." A soothing voice came from behind the jedi, making Kanan smiled. "I will soon Ezra, come sit and enjoy the sunset with me." He pat the spot next to him.

Ezra chuckled and joined him, resting his head on Kanans shoulder and nuzzled into his side. He watched the sunset with his lover, grabbing his hand and holding it tightly. "You feel warm, you okay?" He looked up at Kanan, slightly concerned about the high heat radiating from his masters body.

"Yeah, don't worry about it love..just enjoy the sunset with me." He smiled his best, kissing Ezras forehead.

Ezra rested his palm onto Kanans cheek before he could turn away. "Kanan, you're feverish. You're cheeks are flushed, you're super pale..come on, let's get you to bed."

Kanan sighed, knowing he was caught. He coughed into his fist harshly, able to let himself let go of the coughs since he was finally caught. He pat his chest, covering his mouths as his fit continued.

Ezra pat the jedis back. "Easy.." He frowned, helping Kanan to their room once his fit was over. "Night guys!" He smiled at the others who were also heading to bed.

They smiled, waving. "Night!"

Kanan waved and sighed as Ezra pulled the curtain to their little area which just consisted of their bags of clothes and necessities including a med kit and a blow up bed with two pillows and a throw blanket.

Ezra sat Kanan down onto their bed and smiled. "Take your boots of and get comfortable okay? I am gonna grab a tablet to ease that fever and cough." He smiled, rubbing his shoulder lovingly. "Nurse Bridger is officially on duty, lay down." He walked over to their bags, grabbing their med kit.

While Ezra was grabbing the medkit, Kanan was taking off his boots and belt, putting his saber and blaster to the side and laid down on the top of the blanket. He rested his feverish forehead against the cooling pillow, sighing in relief at the cool touch.

Ezra chuckled, walking over with an ice pack and a cloth, along with two tablets. "Under the blanket." He smiled and activated the ice pack, wrapping it into the cloth and rested it against Kanans forehead. "There we go." He helped Kanan get under the covers, ensuring the ice pack stayed on top of Kanans forehead. He smiled. "Open." He placed the tablets onto Kanans tongue and then took off his own shoes and took off his belt with his weapons. "The tablets should help with the fever, the cough, and the pain. Are you nauseous in anyway?"

"A little.." Kanan looked over. "But I'm okay..don't need to worry hon.." He whispered and closed his eyes a bit, the comfort of the pillow and blanket along with the cooling of the ice pack, bringing the older jedi to sleep.

Ezra looked over and smiled. "I have your water bottle on the side too if you need water during the night okay? Wake me up if you need anything, understand? Don't try and be a 'big man'." He chuckled and joined Kanan in bed.

Kanan grunted softly, looking over and rested his head onto Ezras chest, keeping the ice pack on it and closed his eyes, cuddling close to his lover.

Ezra smiled, rubbing small and comforting circles onto Kanans back. He pulled the blanket up more over them and smiled. "Sleep well Kanan. If you don't feel good or anything, let me know immediately." He closed his eyes a bit.

"Will do..thank you Ezra." He relaxed as his throat felt cool due to the tablets and smiled, closing his eyes and slowly falling asleep, listening to the sound of his lovers heartbeat.

Ezra smiled, rubbing his back until he slowly fell asleep with him.

Kanan woke up a few hours later, feeling as though he was about to vomit. He sat up, the ice pack falling off.

Ezra grumbled a bit, waking up. "Kanan..? Whats wrong..?" He yawned, rubbing his eyes and looked over at his lover who was covering his mouth, his eyes wide.

Ezra got up, helping Kanan to the edge of the cliff. "Shh.." He watched him throw up. "Oh honey.." He whispered and continuously rubbed his back. "I'm here.." He watched as Kanan dry heaved.

Kanan felt miserable, he held his head which was pounding, his throat back to dry and sore and the vomiting worsening it. He was cold and hot, his stomach was killing him, he was achy and all he wanted to do was crawl back into bed like a child.

Ezra looked over at him, sensing that Kanan wasn't well. "I got you, let's get you back into bed okay? Can you drink some water for me?"

Kanan nods slightly. "Yeah.." He coughed a little, shaking slightly as Ezra helped him back to their room. He laid Kanan down, pulling the covers over him and placed his hand over Ezras forehead. "You're fever is going down slightly which is good. Let's keep it that way." He walked over to the medkit and pulled out a bottle of flu medication and another ice pack and cloth, wrapping it and held it. "Can you sit up for me?"

Kanan shakily sat up, resting against the wall of the cave and coughed harshly into his fist.

Ezra knelt next to him and poured the measured amount of flu medication needed and gave the small cup to Kanan, then grabbed his water bottle and hands it to Kanan once he finished taking the medicine. Ezra sanitized the cup and put the medicine away, laying Kanan down once he finished drinking and set the water bottle aside. He smiled and kissing his forehead. "Sleep love." He placed the ice pack onto his forehead and smiled, tucking him in and joined him in bed, checking his watch and sighed as it read 0200. He looked over and smiled as Kanan nuzzled back onto his chest. "Goodnight sweetie.." He rubbed his back and slowly joined Kanan back into a deep slumber.