Crash Landed

@hjbender

Season 3

Kanan : age 25

Ezra : age 18

No ones POV

Ezra groaned, opening his eyes slowly before quickly closing them after being blinded by the electrical spark coming from the Phantom 2s control panel. He groaned, trying to wake up and understand his surroundings, he grimaced at the taste of blood filling his mouth, his body screaming everywhere, but he was also sweating profusely which caused stinging in his open wounds from the salty liquid.

"K-Kanan..?" He opened his eyes slowly, looking for his master. He observed the Phantom and frowned, sitting up slowly on his elbows before using the last of his strength to push himself against the wall and stay up right, a wave of nausea hitting him. He groaned in response, looking over to the left. He remembered what happened, he and Kanan were sent on a mission to Tatooine when suddenly the Phantom started reading that the engine was malfunctioning. He remembered trying to crash safely but couldn't gain control of anything, the Phantom just shut down.

He winced and held onto his head, feeling a warm liquid and pulled his hand off which was now covered in his blood. He bit his lip as pain continued surging throughout his whole body, he let a few tears fall but knew that it was only gonna make things worse.

He looked over as he saw something green moving, his vision still blurry. "K-Kanan..?" He heard a pained groaned come from the green blob.

"I'm here Ezra, what happened?" He sat up, not as injured as his lover, but hurt. Scrapes and bruises covered his body as he slowly stood up, walking over slowly to him. "Oh god.."

Ezra winced in pain, placing his hand on his right side and screamed in pain. He looked over at the source of the pain, his eyes widened. "Karabast.." He saw a long piece of metal, stuck into the side of him likely from a piece of the phantom.

"Okay, Okay Ezra." Kanan looked down at him. "Can I pick you up please?" He frowned, getting a simple nod from Ezra. He slowly wrapped his arm around Ezras side, just under where the piece of metal is and wrapped the other arm around his back carefully. He picked him up slowly and took a breath. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry.." He frowned after Ezra whimpered in pain. He walked out of the crash Phantom and looked over at it. "This is gonna take a while to fix, but you're my top priority right now..so lets find a med center on this dastard dust planet." He looked around and frowned. "Theres nothing.." He continued walking, using the force to guide him to where he sensed others and looked down at Ezra, picking up his pace. "Honey, stay awake for me.." He ran into a town, calling for help.

Bystanders looked over at the couple and paled. "Someone help them!" A woman shouted.

Another woman ran over to them, a kind twilek. Her lekku seemed tense as she seemed to fear for the younger male. "Bring him with me, let me lead you to a med center." She observed the boy who was almost unconscious and ran over to the med center, a smaller two story building. She ran in, going right past the receptionist as if she owned the place. She yelled. "I need medical emergency assistance immediately! Prep a bed in the ICU stat!" She led Kanan and Ezra to a room which was prepped almost immediately. "Lay him down, I am doctor Rose and I will be taking care of him." She smiled softly, letting Kanan rest Ezra down onto the bed.

Rose looked over a young woman, her hair a blonde color in a tight bun, dressed in business casual ran over next to Kanan. "We will make sure he is taken care of, but right now I need to bring you into another room and make sure you are taken care of. You have cuts and bruises all over." She gently grabbed his arm and led him towards another room, a smaller, calmer room. She set him down on the observation table. "Let me check you over. May I ask what happened?" She grabbed her stethoscope and checked his pulse and breathing, placing it on his back once she was satisfied with the front.

"I-it all happened so fast..we were heading to Tatooine to grab some supplies when our ship broke down and we crashed from hundreds of feet above. Ezra was the one flying.." He looked over at her. "Is he gonna be okay..?" He asked in worry, fearful for his lovers life.

"Dr. Rose is the best doctor out there, she will make sure Ezra is well taken care of." She reached over to her cabinet and pulled out some bacta patches, placing them onto his more dreadful wounds. "There is a cafeteria to the left of this room, please help yourself to something, free of charge." She gave him a soft smile and watched him get up slowly, walking to the cafeteria.

Kanan took a deep breath, his worry all on Ezra. He closed his eyes and tried to sense him, get him to communicate but was unsuccessful, he knew Ezra was most likely passed out given the circumstances. He walked over to the little fridge after given permission to grab the food and drink for free and grabbed a special Lothalian fruit salad, one for himself and one for Ezra. He then walked over to the drinks and grabbed two 12 ounce bottles of blue milk. He sighed to himself, putting the items into a bag he grabbed from the hook and walked into the waiting room. He pulled out his comm and tried to get in contact with Hera. "Specter 1 to specter 2..Specter 6 and I crashed on Tatooine Specter 6 was injured badly, we are at the medical center...I don't know where I was more focused on getting Specter 6 to safety. Have Chopper trace Specter 6s comm to find us.." He laid back, waiting for a response.

"We're on our way Specter 1, let us know about Specter 6 as soon as possible." She replied, worry in her voice, but relieved to know that they were both alive.

Kanan nods to himself and set his comm in his pocket, he rested the bag on the ground and looked up as his lovers name was called. "Ezra Bridger?" The receptionist called out.

Kanan got up quickly, practically running into the room and paled. "Holy karabast.." He cursed to himself, the sight of his lover in such a state was heart wrenching.

Dr. Rose walked up beside Kanan, drying her hands off after she had just washed them. "He's a stubborn one. He'll be okay, we had to stich him up for a couple of gashes, he also had a nasty piece of metal stuck to his side but we managed to safely clean and sanitize the area after we removed the metal. We have placed a few bacta patches around him. But he did have a collapsed lung so he needs the little tubes for extra oxygen. He's a tough one though, he should be good and out of here within a week or two." She smiled up at the taller male who wouldn't take his eyes off his lover.

"Thank you..some more people are coming, a Mandalorian, a lasat, a C1-10P droid and another twilek. Their family and are allowed to be in the room with him." He looked over at her and smiled gratefully.

She nods. "I will make sure our receptionist knows. I hope he has a speedy recovery, and if you need anything there is a red button connected to the bed frame, just one click and either myself or another trained doctor or nurse will be in immediately to assist you." She walked out of the room, closing the door behind her to give the couple some privacy.

Kanan grabbed the chair from the corner, a simple fold out chair and placed it next to Ezras bed on the left side. He took a deep breath and sat on the chair, setting the bag down next to him and placed his hand on Ezras softly. "Even with all this equipment and this situation, you're still the most beautiful person I have ever laid eyes on.." He talked to himself since he figured Ezra wasn't gonna wake up soon, but he wanted to make sure Ezra heard him, to know that he was there right next to him and that he wasn't going nowhere.

Ezra shifted a little, remaining unconscious as Kanan continued to talk soothingly to his lover.

He looked up at the clock and gave a yawn. "Mind If I sleep with you..?" He chuckled to himself and placed his arms on the bed, making sure he was still touching Ezra to keep him calm, he then put his mask on the side and laid his head on his arms. "I love you blueberry..wake up soon so I can see your pretty eyes, your pretty smile, hear your pretty voice and soothing laughter, to feel your soothing touch." He closed his eyes and slowly fell asleep, not before hearing another disgruntled yet soft voice repeating the words. "I love you.." Right back to him.