Homeless

Modern times

Kanan: age 24
Ezra: age 19

No ones POV

              It was a cold autumnal night, right before w snowstorm was set to hit the town of lothal. Ezra and Kanan lived in an alley in between a Gucci store, and a Grocery store. Kanan has tried to get a job, but no one has wanted to hire him. Ezra has tried too, but no one has wanted to hire him either. So now they just hope for the best and try to be there for each other, loving each other. Hoping that one day, their lives may change for the better.

Kanan looked over and frowned as Ezra shivered. "Here, we might have a small blanket in the tent love..." he grabbed a tiny blanket and walked over to Ezra, wrapping it around his shoulders.,

Ezra smiled a little and looked up at Kanan. "Thank you." He said softly, laying his head on kanans shoulder.

Kanan pulled him close. "Why don't you get some rest? I'll go see if I can find anymore thrown out blankets, or anything okay?" He stood up carefully.

Ezra stood up. "I'm coming with you, two sets of eyes is always better than one." He set the blanket aside in the tent and grabbed a shopping cart.

Kanan smiled softly, going with him to the Salvation Army. Kanan sighed softly and pulled out the last $10 they had. "Hopefully we still have enough to eat tonight.." he looked at Ezra and kissed his forehead. "I love you, and I wish I could give you the life you deserve." Kanan got teary. "I hate only having $10..I hate being homeless..I hate not giving you a life that you don't deserve..no home..food..I'm sorry that I failed Ezra Bridger.."

Ezra stopped pushing the cart and pushed Kanan against the wall. "Kanan jarrus, you listen to me right now..I don't need any of those things to everyday..you're the reason I keep going..you're the best thing in my life and I couldn't ask for anything else..okay? I love you so much..and I am happy to be with you.." Ezra cupped kanans cheek, wiping his tears with his thumb and smiled, kissing him lovingly.

Kanan kissed back, pulling Ezra close and smiled at him. "I'm sorry..I love you so much..and I am so grateful to have you in my life."

Ezra smiled. "Now let's get a blanket, oh Kanan..there's a dollar general right there, why don't we go there instead? The stuff is so much cheaper and is brand new." He looked up at Kanan.

Kanan chuckled, grabbing his hand and walked over to the dollar general with their cart.

Ezra looked around. "Hey, I found a race car blanket for $3, it's pretty big. Should we take it?" He looked at Kanan.

"It's perfect Ezra.." he put it in the cart. "So we have about $6 left since there's tax." He looked around and rubbed Ezras back. "How about some baby wipes so we're clean?" He put them in the cart.

Ezra nods and looked at the money. "So we have what left..?"

"We have about $5 left since this was only $1.." Kanan looked at Ezra. "Do you want new pajamas? Here's two sets of pajamas we can share for $4.." Kanan picked their sixes up and smiled, setting it in the cart.

Ezra frowned. "We need food.."

"There's a dollar section of food..okay?" He walked over with Ezra. Then grabbed a big box of French fries for 50 cents, and then grabbed a big jug of water for 25 cents. Then grabbed a 50 cent bag of apples as a treat. He smiled and walked over to the cash register. Putting everything up on the counter and sighed. "I hope we have enough.."

The cash register scanned the items. "Okay, and with tax, that'll be $7.50 please." She smiled and held the $10 and gave them back their change, $2.50. "Have a great day."

"You too." Kanan smiled and looked at Ezra, kissing his forehead. "I'm so glad we had enough."

Ezra nods and pushed the cart to the tent and made their little bed, he sighed. "The air mattress is starting to deflate again..." he grabbed a manual air pump and began to fill the air mattress again and then made the bed again. He smiled, setting the pajamas down on the bed. "Did you set the curtains up?" He looked over at Kanan.

"Not yet my love." He closed the black curtains so when someone passed they would not see Kanan and Ezras little home, he smiled and then made a little fire to cook the fries as Ezra set up the plates and silverware with cups he was with a park water fountain. "Okay, everything's set. Why don't you come get changed with me into our pajamas? We're gonna have to go back to the store later tonight.." he frowned.

"Why love?" He frowned and looked up at Ezra. "We could just go to the grocery store next to us.."

"We need some dry food, that doesn't need to be cooked because of the snow storm coming tomorrow..unless we figure something out to prevent us from getting snowed on..everything is already in the plastic tub..but the fire."

"I can cover it, but I'll run over okay? Do you want anything specific?" Kanan kissed his cheek.

"Just a big bag of chips will do..and a big bag of candy." Ezra smiled and watched him leave. "Thank you love!"

"Welcome!!" Kanan yelled and chuckled, grabbing a big bag of smart food white cheddar popcorn, then grabbed a big bag of skittle gummies and mms. He smiled and walked back to the campsite and chuckled. "Ezra." He set the bag aside and got changed into his pajamas, then sat on their air mattress as Ezra gave him a plate of Fries and smiled as they shared a cup of water.

Ezra ate and laid his head on kanans shoulder. "This is nice...even though were homeless..I would rather be homeless with you than live in a house without you.." he kissed Kanan lovingly.

Kanan kissed back and smiled. "Me too Ezra.." he ate a couple more fries. "I got popcorn, gummies and chocolate. So we should be good." Kanan held him close.

Ezra smiled and nuzzled close. "I love you.."

"I love you too.." Kanan chuckled.

hjbender

meauxreen @