Together Again

Takes place during beginning of Season 3

Kanan : age 21

Ezra : age 18

No ones POV

Ezra looked back at Kanan and grumbled, "Still rather have my lightsaber." He slowly walked into the cave, trying not to let the fear of possibly being eaten alive take over his mind and body, he wouldn't let it control him again. He pulled out his comm and walked to a stop as he faced towards two paths, not sure which one to take, as soon as he was going to bring up the question on where to go the sound of his masters voice rang in through the comm.

"Make a left." He said sternly and straight to the point.

Ezra lit the pathway with his flashlight and raised an eyebrow as a crease of curiosity. "Are you sure?" He had trouble believing Kanan, the force telling him to go right. He continued on with the right path before being halted by a bunch of spiders surrounding him, his instinct led him to reach for his non-present lightsaber and he panicked, his comm being hit by one of the spiders, Kanans voice being heard as it slowly went out. Concern being heard in his voice, asking Ezra what was happening.

Kanan growled and put his saber, comm, and mask down next to Ezras saber and walked towards the entrance of the cave as Bendu asked what he was going to do. "I'm going in to get Ezra." He vanished into the cave as Bendu sighed. "Hopefully master and padawan will regain balance with one another, or perhaps they will be eaten. Such as the way of things." He looked down at the little crab creature crawling by Ezra and Kanans belongings.

Ezra looked up as Kanan called his name and held his hand down reaching for his padawan. Ezra grabbed it as Kanan pulled him up, both of them sitting on the ground out of breath. Ezra looked over at his blind master with concern. "Kanan what are you doing here?" He grabbed Kanans hand as he helped him stand.

"Getting YOU back on track." He looked over towards where he sensed a spider and connected to it, holding Ezras shoulder as the young jedi walked backwards in fear of the creature, giving his shoulder a comforting yet strong hold, before Ezra pulled it away as the spider backed off. He looked up at his master and frowned. "How did you do that? I can't even do that.." He looked out as Kanan walked past him.

"Well I didn't get a choice, I have had to look and perform things differently since Malachore." He used the force to guide himself through the cave.

Ezra looked off and hugged himself, his arms crossing over one another as if he was trying to comfort himself. He stared off and gloomily followed Kanan, standing under a lighted space in the cave and looked down stopping under the light. "Look, about what happened." he paused for a second. "I'm sorry for it Kanan, for everything." He continued looking down, not noticing his master open his eyes, revealing his grey colored pupils the older jedi then placed his hand on his shoulder in a comforting manner. "It's not your fault Ezra, I never blamed you, for any of it." He spoke with sincerity, he knew it wasn't his lovers fault even though Ezra believed it was.

Ezra continued looking down, feeling tears fill his eyes as one dropped down his cheek slowly, leaving a line of a salty liquid behind on his cheek. He couldn't bare to look up at Kanans face, to see the scarred face, the grey eyes that no longer see, he felt like he could've saved Kanan but he fell for Mauls trap like a naïve child, now Kanan had to deal with the repercussions of his mistakes.

He felt like such a burden in the Ghost lives, he felt like a bother, feeling the glares of the crew down his back. He knew they blamed him for what happened, as soon as they got off the Phantom from Malachore, they comforted Kanan and brought him into the Medbay to check over his eyes, leaving Ezra outside the Ghost to think for himself. He remembered how hurt he was, his eyes red and swollen from the crying he did on the way back to the Ghost from Malachore, holding onto Kanan. He remembered falling onto his knees, screaming in frustration into his hands when the crew vanished into the Ghost to tend to Kanans eyes. No one came out to comfort him.