𝟓𝟑

53| jalouise

"Alright, this is the plan," Abraxas whispered to Seraphina, while they were hiding behind a wall, "We'll walk together towards where Magda is with her friends and then you'll kiss me."

Seraphina snapped her head to look at him, "What? No, that's not what we agreed, Brax. I told you I would be close to you, not that I would actually kiss you."

It was an early Saturday morning and the two best friends agreed on making Abraxas' love interest jealous. At least, that was what he wanted, even though Seraphina strongly agreed such a thing would never work.

"Phiny, you must understand that being jealous is exactly the incentive our relationship needs to improve," he tried to explain, moving slightly behind the wall to look at the group of Ravenclaw girls, "She's playing hard to get and we ought to show her I'm not an easy target."

Seraphina huffed and rolled her eyes, "Honey, listen to me," she grabbed his shoulders in order to make him look at her, "As a girl, I promise you that if I saw the person I liked kissing someone else I surely wouldn't be more attracted. Quite the contrary, actually. Besides, as much as I know, you and Magda are not even in a relationship. You only slept together once or twice."

The young Malfoy scowled, "My dearest friend, I love you with all my heart, but you don't know what you're talking about. You dated Vanilla Greengrass and you barely kissed. Now you're doing whatever you do with Riddle, which I know is not fucking nor loving each other dearly. The only thing I know is that whatever you have is toxic but you both still think your connection is simply misunderstood," he spoke sarcastically, "But who am I to question you? You have your own way to do things, and I'm happy for you as long as you're happy."

Seraphina looked at him unimpressed with his outburst, "You didn't need to be so harsh."

"Just giving you the facts, Phiny. Anyway, in the real world, outside of your little toxic relationship, people need to be jealous to be more interested in someone," he explained and Seraphina just looked at him with a doubtful face, "I'm serious! If you kiss me she will be undoubtedly jealous, I swear."

"We don't need to kiss to make Magda jealous," Seraphina pointed out, really not understand his point, "Can't we just hold hands or whisper in each other's ear?"

"No, you must kiss me or it won't work," he insisted, "It's just a favor for a friend."

"Alright, I would do it, but you know what happens if Tom finds out. It would be quite problematic, for me and for you," she tried to persuade him.

"Why would he find out? You won't tell him, will you?" He asked in a low voice, suddenly thinking about the consequences of kissing his best friend.

She sighed, "Of course not. I'm just giving you the facts," she repeated his words and he rolled his eyes, "I will do it, but I hope you're aware of the risks. That's all."

"Seraphina, relax. He won't find out. He's in the hospital wing probably in a deep slumber. Now come on," he sounded extremely confident in his actions, "We'll walk in the hall and you'll drop your books because you're oh so clumsy, and I'll help you get them. Then, we'll look into each other eyes, pretend we're so in love and then we kiss. It's not hard, is it?"

Seraphina still didn't think it was a good idea, but she still agreed on doing it, because she was an impeccable friend, "What I do for you, Brax."

He grinned widely, "I knew you would agree, you're the best," he kissed her cheek and she rolled her eyes.

"I know."

Extraordinary, their plan worked. Seraphina found it quite weird when Abraxas told her during lunch that Magda wanted them to go to Hogsmeade that very afternoon.