𝟒𝟑

43| a Saturday afternoon with you

Tom and Seraphina had lunch in a small restaurant in Hogsmeade, making a small stop at Honey Dukes, much to Tom's distaste, who didn't appreciate sweets. But she did, and so they ended buying bags and bags full of those unusual sweets.

As they walked towards the one library Tom really wanted to go, Seraphina happily sucked on her red lollipop, "What books are you searching for, Tom? And please don't tell me you think you'll find a book about Horcruxes."

"I doubt it, but the last time I was in Hogsmeade I went to that library and they had this book about dark magic that seemed to be very complete," Tom explained, refusing the lollipop when Seraphina offered it, "There are other books there that may mention Horcruxes, but I'm not exactly sure about it."

"I see. And my job is to search about those bloody Horcruxes on the other books?" she asked, already knowing where he was getting with the conversation.

"It's like you read my mind," he said, opening the door to the library and she made a sarcastic smile.

"I mean I could, but I think I would be scared to know what's on that mind of yours," she agreed with him, stepping inside the library to realize there were only a few people in there.

The library had two floors, but by the way, Tom was looking at the top floor she understood that was where they should be going. It seemed to be a smaller place and way more reserved, which is understandable since normal people normally weren't interested in books about the dark arts.

"Come on," Tom said, starting to climb the old wooden stairs. Seraphina looked around her one more time before quickly following him to the top floor.

Big old bookshelves filled the place and the floor was so old that their steps could be heard loudly from downstairs, "So where's that so special book you were talking about?" Seraphina asked, following Tom further between the brown bookshelves.

"It was here last time I came here," Tom answered, allowing his fingers to travel the books' spines, "Here it is," he said grabbing a particularly big dark green book.

"That's... big. Where are the books I have to read?" she asked, looking around the small space.

Tom handed Seraphina the heavy book while he searched for the rest of the books that needed to be examined. She stood there waiting for him to give her the books while holding the one he gave her. And at that moment she shamelessly admired his strong back in that white shirt. He just looked too good and it was extremely unfair, it made it way harder to stay away from him. At that point, she didn't even try anymore to deny her feelings. She embarrassingly in love with the person who killed four people in a space of one hour and was at the moment trying to become immortal. Lovely.

"Here," Tom turned around with three books in his arms. They were way smaller than the one he was about to read, but still, it was a lot of work. They exchanged the books and Seraphina sighed, rethinking her life decisions. Seriously, why did she keep doing everything he wanted? She could be spending her money on clothes and makeup, but instead there she was spending her time on stupid Horcruxes.

"That reward better be good, Tom Riddle," she said, sitting on the ground with her back against the bookshelf.

"When did I ever disappoint you?" He asked, sitting next to her, the side of their thighs slightly touching.