𝟏𝟐

12| Slug's club

Tom shook his head with a small smirk looking at Seraphina leaving her dorms. She was wearing a black plaited skirt that she intentionally shortened with magic to annoy her mother.

He remembered that day perfectly. Benilda was scolding her for walking around the house wearing her night robes and even told her she was acting like a whore. With only fourteen years old, Seraphina turned her back to her mother and ran to her room to shorten all of her dresses and skirts. Unsurprising, her mother was mad, which only made Seraphina feel better about herself.

"My, my. What would Benilda do if she saw you like that?" Tom asked when Seraphina approached him in the common room, "I think I should write about this too. What do you think?"

She smirked, "You can even send her a photograph. I bet she would faint at the moment."

Tom nodded his head and offered her his arm, she took it carefully and they started walking out of the Slytherin common room, "She most certainly would. Does she know you brought it to Hogwarts?"

Seraphina laughed when Tom opened the door for them and only when they were in the hall she answered him, "No, she tried to hide them before the school year, but I found the dresses and the skirts and brought them with me. She still thinks they are with the house-elves."

Tom was not surprised by her answer and he couldn't deny that he appreciated this rebellious side of her. It was one of the traits traits he liked the most about her, in fact.

"As much you would like to see your mother angry again, I'm very thankful for what she did for me, so I don't wish her illness of any kind," they started climbing the stairs arm in arm.

"Pity," she sighed, "How come you're not with your followers?"

He shrugged, "Because I was waiting for you and told them to go to Slughorn's study."

She was confused with his answer since lately he hasn't been giving her much attention, but she wasn't going to complain. After all, even despite his rude behavior, she enjoyed his company. The reason for that sentiment was unknown to the Slytherin witch, but she truly appreciated that familiar feeling when she was with him.

"Or perhaps you're walking with me to scold me for my new choice of friends," she gave him a sarcastic smile and he barely reacted.

"I think you know what I think about it too well. You know my opinion, but if you choose to ignore my advice, then it's your problem."

She wanted to roll her eyes but chose not to because she wanted to show him she was superior to his remarks, even though it slightly affected her. Seraphina hated the way he talked to her as if she was a child, it was like he didn't see her as an equal.

"What do you think about Leo?" She asked him, knowing the boy was absolutely perfect and no one, not even the great Tom Riddle, could point out something negative about him.

Tom led them towards Slughorn's study and there was silence for a few moments, before Tom calmly answered her, "He's too plain for you."

She gasped and made him stop walking to look at her, "You don't even know him! How can you say that?" Tom tilted his head to the side with a small smirk, "No... you didn't," she shook her head when she pictured what he did, "Did you read his mind? You used Legilimency, didn't you?" When he didn't answer, she got her to answer, "Tom! I told you to stop doing that!" She was lucky the halls were empty because at that point she was practically screaming.