𝟏𝟕

17| Fights And Choices

Tom looked sideways at the beautiful witch sitting next to him. She was listening to the professor while taking notes of everything he said. Ancient Studies, her favorite subject since the first day she stepped inside that class and listened to the professor talking about matters that didn't quite interest Tom.

He really didn't want to take that class, since it was an extra- curricular class and it was optional. However, at the beginning of the sixth year, Seraphina insisted so much for him to have that class with her that he eventually gave up and chose that subject with her.

Obviously, he didn't have any difficulties while studying Ancient Ruins, but he would rather be doing something else or just taking another class. Despite that, he did enjoy listening to Seraphina rambling about ancient Egyptians' spells and other types of ancient magic.

Since the day he first met her, she always showed a great interest in the History of Magic and things related to that. Seraphina knew everything about goblin rebellions, witch hunts, giant wars and she even recognized most of the famous wizards. Tom refused to admit it in front of her, but the witch had always been better at it than him. One time, he even had to ask her for some help to succeed in the O.W.L. And he was also sure that Professor Binns preferred her over him, which was rare. After all, Tom was the favorite student of most teachers.

However, that day he wasn't thinking about how good she is at Ancient Studied. He was remembering the conversation he had with her earlier on the girl's lavatory. Tom was extremely satisfied with getting her to trust him again. It was all part of his plan since he wanted her to be close to him again and choose him over anyone.

"Mr. Riddle, what was the year of Soap Blizzard?" The professor interrupted Tom's thoughts, probably thinking he would catch him distracted and wouldn't be able to answer.

Tom showed the professor his charming smile and answered, "It was in the year of 1378, professor."

"That's correct. 10 points for Slytherin," the professor continued his class and Seraphina shook her head at Tom.

"Lucky bastard," she whispered, making him smirk with a proud face, "Can I talk to you after class? I just remembered what I intended to ask you," Tom frowned at her serious tone and weakly tried to read her thoughts, but she successfully shut him down, "Really, Tom? Can't you wait ten minutes?"

Tom would say he was sorry, but the two of them knew he really wasn't. They waited for the class to end and when it was finally over, the two of them left the classroom together. None of their friends had that class with them, meaning they were alone.

"So, what did you want to tell me?" Tom asked her when he felt her hook her arm on his as they walked together along the halls.

"How much time do we have before the next class?"

"It's Potions, Seraphina. We can have as much time as we want and Slughorn won't mind," he pointed out and she nodded her head, he was right.

"It's a simple request, really. But I'm not sure you'll say yes," Seraphina started and he turned his head to look at her.

"I probably won't."

Seraphina huffed, stopping both of them from walking as she grabbed his arms and tried to make him pay attention solemnly to her. Was she acting like a child? A little bit, but she had to fight for what she wanted.