𝟓𝟒

54| eternity

It had been a few months since Seraphina and Tom were on bad terms for the first time, in fact, the last time they spent more than a day without speaking was when she started dating Leo and spending time with George, Layla, and Grace.

And why did they start talking again? She wasn't quite sure, for it was months ago, but she knew that it wasn't because she or he apologized. In fact, she believed they simply got back together again because they were forced by fate. Honestly, she never thought they could stay away from each other for a long time, Tom and Seraphina were bound to do everything together, they were a very strong and inseparable team.

This time, however, things were different. Tom promised her things would change and she wouldn't have the chance to act like a brat, but that was exactly what she was doing. Sure they only spent one week without talking like they used to, but Tom took the chance to bring her down whenever they were together.

Truth to be told, they weren't exactly not talking. They were simply fighting all the time when they were together, with Tom always calling her names and sending her nasty glares and she was simply acting nonchalant, as if he was not even there. It was a mess and all their friends were tired of seeing them like that, for it disturbed everyone around them.

Seraphina was very tired of his constant demands and exigencies. What right did he have to scold her and act superior? None. So what did she do? She started doing all the things Tom didn't like about her. In a space of one week, she started talking to Leo and Layla again, she started waking up late again, she started skipping classes to go to Hogsmeade with George, among other things Tom deeply hated. Now, she knew it was prejudicial for her and she was kinda tired of doing all that, but she wanted to prove a point.

Was she being childish? Yes, extremely childish. But she was living to see the disapproving look on Tom's face whenever she encountered him. Seraphina was trying to be the strong one by not falling into his natural charm, like she always did. Oh, how much she missed him. However, she couldn't allow him to play with her feelings and emotions like that. She had to be strong, for the person she wanted to become wasn't submissive to anyone.

"Seraphina, are you listening to me?" Her thoughts were interrupted by Leo, who was sitting in the chair next to her. They were currently studying in the library and it was quite late, but she didn't want to go to her Common Room just yet.

Those last days with Leo made her realize something. She loved Tom so deeply that no one else could ever be compared to him. Leo was a great friend and she was so happy when they started talking again, but she couldn't help but remember what they used to be when they were dating.

A few months ago, when she got to see Leo an immediate smile would reach her lips; but when she was with Tom, it seemed like her heart would burst out of her chest from how excited she was.

And it hurt so much to stay away from her soulmate and the love of his life, but he left her no choice.

"I'm sorry, Leo. I got distracted," she dropped her head on her hands.

"You've been very absent this week, it's like your mind is always somewhere else," he pointed out, closing his book with a tone of criticism in his voice, "Perhaps if you went to class you wouldn't have to study so hard."

Seraphina rolled her eyes, tired of everyone telling her what to do, "Don't worry about it, Leo," she said, taking her head off her hands and dipping her quill on the inkpot again.