𝟐𝟎

20| oh, Slughorn

It was the night of the Christmas Party, which was being thrown by Professor Slughorn in his office. In different parts of the castle, only the smarter students were excitedly getting ready for the party.

Seraphina, on the other hand, was enjoying her time alone in her dorm while looking intently at the white dress covered with sparkles on her bed.

She spent hours and hours thinking about what her friends had told her the day before when they went to Hogsmeade, and since then she hadn't seen them around the castle. Of course, it was a Saturday and they didn't have classes, but Seraphina spent her day studying in the library and none of them made an appearance.

Finally, she made a decision and was more than happy about it. Deciding on abandoning the idea of becoming evil or kind, she chose a different and much simpler path. If someone treated her nicely, she would show them her kind side. However, if someone mistreated her or disrespected her, she wouldn't think twice before attacking. Therefore, from now on Seraphina was about to stop adapting her personality to the people around her, she won't care anymore about trying to please everyone around her. In a nutshell, she is who she is and if people aren't pleased with her behavior than that's their problem.

She was tired of everyone criticizing her personality. It doesn't matter if she was good or bad, there's always someone who has something to say about it. After many years of hearing people judging who she was, she declared an end to that era. It was official, she no longer cared about other people's opinion.

Smiling at the mirror, she gazed at her two eyes and identified them as the two sides of her. The coal-black eye, dark as the night, represented her obsession for power, as well at the darkness hidden inside her, which she was not afraid to show anymore. However, her bright green eye represented a completely different nature. It was a sign of freshness, youth, hope, and gentleness.

The duality of her personality meant she was ready to truly act as a fair person. Each side of her was connected to how people acted around her and behind her back.

Despite her new rules, she decided to give one last chance to everyone, including Tom. Knowing he was the one who was actually mad at her, she wasn't sure if he was willing to have her back as a friend. Nevertheless, she didn't think she was at fault, so Seraphina wouldn't run to him and apologize. After all, she did nothing wrong and wasn't sorry. If he wanted to forget about the fight and start over than it was okay and she would gladly take him back.

When it comes to Layla, the deal was pretty much the same. Seraphina had already apologized and didn't feel like it was her obligation to keep apologizing for something she did years ago and didn't even mean it. If Layla didn't want to be her friend, then that was fine.

She smirked looking at the dress. The words of her friends were still clear on her mind, but she wouldn't let anyone tell her what to do.

"As bold as you are, it's a question of etiquette. You just have to understand that a short dress is not appropriate to a Christmas party."

They were right in one thing, she was bold, and so she liked to play with fire. She didn't even try to deny that when people tell her not to do something, that's exactly what she wants to do. And just the thought of seeing the two girls looking at her disapprovingly made the corners of her lips twitch.

So what did she do? Just like she had done countless times with the skirts her mother buys to her, she shortened the dress, even more, using magic. It was very unladylike and people surely were ready to judge her, but that was exactly what she intended.