𝟐𝟑

23| for you, I would

"I can't say I'm not disappointed," a feminine voice was heard behind Seraphina and Tom, making the two of them pull away from each other. However, the ambitious wizard kept his hand on Seraphina's lower back, "How is it that my dearest cousin didn't say a word to me all night?"

Seraphina turned around slowly, still slightly leaning against Tom, and eyed her cousin carefully. It was hard for her to admit, but Genevieve was gorgeous, with her short wavy hair, that only reached her shoulders, and a beautiful green eye and a just as penetrating blue one, "Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't see you! If I knew you were here, I would march towards you and bow, because that's what a queen deserves," Seraphina exclaimed with a sarcastic tone, not even hiding her displeasure to see her cousin.

Genevieve ignored her last comment, "I'm not surprised you didn't see me, actually. Because, my dear cousin, I saw you all night surrounded by boys. I can't say it's a shock, can I, Tom?" She looked at Riddle with a charming smile, "Old habits die hard."

Seraphina chose not to show how upset she was when Genevieve practically called her a whore. Instead, she remained with her sarcastic approach, "Well, what can I say? I'm just that lovely! You know, my dear cousin, when you are interesting enough, people actually want to talk to you. But, wait, you wouldn't know what that's like, would you? Because you're a pathetic bitch," she spat, dropping her sarcastic smile.

Tom widened his eyes, only half expecting her drunk outburst. Sometimes her honesty could be quite useful, other times it just served to create problems. And when they were in a room full of important people, he didn't want her to start a scandal.

Noticing the way the two cousins were glaring at each other, he grabbed Seraphina's arm and tried to make her step away from Genevieve, "Seraphina, not tonight," he whispered harshly in her ear, and in a fast move, she moved her arm fast enough to get away from him.

Genevieve looked like she was ready to attack her, but since cynicism was something the two of them shared, she tried to remain as unaffected as before, in an obvious attempt to show superiority and maturity, "Well, I'm interesting enough to make your Tom invite me. Am I right?" When she saw Seraphina's angry stare, it only made her widen her smile, "Oh, but don't be jealous, sweetie. After all, Tom is no longer your one and only, is he? You couldn't expect him to chase you when you're too immature for him."

"Don't listen to her," Tom seized Seraphina's wrist, pulling her close to him again, "Remember where you are."

"And Tom even invited me to take a walk around the castle with him after the party," she continued with a smirk, "You know since he's kind enough to show me around Hogwarts and I can't wait to see all of its secret places. Tom and I are expecting some time alone and I know it's going to be really fun. I would invite you, but your innocent eyes can be a little... traumatized."

When Seraphina was about to launch herself towards her cousin, Tom predicted her reaction and grabbed her arm tightly, "Enough!" He said to Genevieve.

"Let me get her, Tom! I'm going to bang her head against the wall until I see her tiny stupid brain!" She tried to wiggle away from his strong arms, but he still held her close against his chest.

Tom sighed, not enjoying the drama, but delighted knowing his plan was working, "She's not worth it darling," he hissed in her ear and she still glared at her evil cousin, "Let me take you out of here."