𝟐

𝟐| 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

While the Hufflepuff boy was speaking to Seraphina, she couldn't help but find flaws in him. The boy was incompatible with her, that's for sure, for many reasons, but the main reason had to be the fact that he was just too nice.

None of the boys Seraphina tried to date, keyword tried, were like him. He talked a lot and he kept saying really nice things to her, complimenting her and telling her she's a great witch. That was just too weird for her. It's not like she wasn't used to receiving compliments, it's just that the Hufflepuff boy really looked like he meant it and he wasn't only saying that to be charming.

"You're really sweet, George," she sent him a smile and she was thankful he couldn't see how uncomfortable she really was.

Any girl would be happy to be walking with someone like George, so nice and caring, but it was strange for her. Seraphina knew she would never deserve a guy like him, gentle and soft. She's nothing like that and she could never be.

Since day one, she has always been a troubled child, looking for trouble anywhere she went. Her parents were always on edge because of that and so was the rest of her family.

And when she met Abraxas things just got worse. They were five and the Malfoys were scandalized by the behavior of the two kids when they were together. One time, she was invited to stay in the Malfoy's mansion for a week and her behavior was so terrible that her parents were forced to get her. That day, Seraphina's father slapped her so hard that she was unconscious for hours.

Fortunately for everyone, the girl calmed down a little when she went to Hogwarts. Her parents thought it was Tom's good influence, but the truth was that she just grew up and became more responsible.

That explains why she found the Hufflepuff boy's behavior too strange. He was just unbelievably nice and it wasn't really the type of person she hung out with.

Sure a change would be different, but she didn't want to waste the boy's time. Soon enough, Tom would have a little chat with him or one of his followers would do that for him and the boy would stop talking to Seraphina. Clearly, the long-haired girl despised it, but at some point, she was more than used to it. She couldn't understand why he would do that, because Tom doesn't care about her, he says so himself.

"You're a nice girl too, Seraphina. I never talked this much with someone in Slytherin and if everyone there is like you, then I have to admit I misjudged the Slytherin house," he gave her a genuine smile and she did her best to match his smile.

She knew she wasn't nice, just like Tom had said. Seraphina would like to be more caring and kind, but the reality was that she couldn't be like that. It wasn't in her blood.

"Yeah, maybe you should," She obviously didn't include her on the people he should give another chance, but she knew that probably there were some kind wizards in Slytherin.

They walked in the long empty halls for a few more minutes, until they were interrupted by a loud voice, "Phiny! Isn't it past curfew?" Just by the nickname used she knew exactly who was calling her, making her roll her eyes.

"Not right now, Abraxas," Seraphina groaned and he laughed, approaching an annoyed witch and a very confused wizard.

As soon as he was close enough to the girl, he placed his arms around her shoulders and sent her a disgusted look, "A Hufflepuff, really? You disappoint me, my dear friend."

She shrugged him off and glared at him, "What are you doing here? Did Tom send you?"

Abraxas and Seraphina are still good friends, but since they met Tom they are not as close as they used to be before. One of the reasons that explains that is the way Tom glares at Abraxas every time he starts getting way too close to Seraphina. Of course, he doesn't mind when the blonde boy is close to her as much as he minds when anyone else is, but just because Abraxas is loyal to him and wouldn't betray him like that.

"No, Riddle is too busy studying, like always," he looked at the Hufflepuff boy, "And you are?"

"I'm George Weasley," the red-haired boy presented himself and Abraxas made an unimpressed face.

"Abraxas Malfoy," he simply said and then looked at the girl glaring at him, "Say goodbye to your friend, Phiny. Tom is patrolling tonight and you know he doesn't have a problem with taking points from his own house," he sent her a sarcastic smile and she huffed.

"I'm so sorry about him, George. I'll meet you tomorrow," she sent him a genuine smile, kind of and the Hufflepuff boy nodded his head, even though he was a bit unsure about what was happening.

"Sure, I'll see you tomorrow," he still showed her a smile and she felt bad for the boy. He was so nice, he truly deserves best.

Not giving her a chance to say anything else, the Malfoy pulled her with him so they could walk towards the dungeons. She already knew he was about to make a nasty comment and just like she expected, he did.

"That idiot looked weird. You can do better than that," he said and she rolled her eyes.

"It's the other way around, actually. I believe he's the one who deserves better. Not me."

He scoffed, "That's rubbish, Seraphina, and you know that. Stop trying to be nice and all innocent, we both know you're far from that," he gave her a pointed look.

"Sometimes I just wish I could be more like him," the witch admitted, "It's a lot of pressure to be the mean witch everyone thinks I am, you know? Sometimes I just wished I could get comfortable enough to be kind and nice."

"Then you would be one more imbecile witch and not a powerful one like you," he placed his arm around her one more time as they arrived the dungeons, "Students and teachers admire you because of who you are. Strong-minded and powerful. Not weak and ordinary."

Seraphina managed to make a small smile, knowing Abraxas was doing his best to cheer her up, "I appreciate it, Abraxas."

"I know you do," he said the password to the common room, which was blood mud and the door opened, "Now you should sleep because we have Transfigurations first thing in the morning."

The Slytherin girl nodded her head and headed towards her dorm, towards the room she shares with three unpleasant witches she had to call friends. Her dictate towards them was unnoticed by everyone, except for the boy with hazel eyes. Unlike everyone else, Tom could see right through her lies. She always wished she had the same talent as him, but she could never decode his thoughts.

As she passed by the Common Room she saw it was empty, probably due to the late hours of the night. So she went to her room, trying to be as quiet as possible. She didn't mind if she would bother the girls inside, she just didn't want them to wake up and start being obnoxious as always.

Silently she changed her clothes to switch them for her white satin nightgown and laid under her dark green covers, ready to close her eyes and have one more peaceful night. After all, her nights were the only peaceful part of her day.

Hey, how are you liking this so far?