𝟑𝟏

31| a new beginning

Leo had tears in his eyes when he excused himself to leave the dining table and only then Seraphina understood what happened and what he saw, "Hum- dinner was delightful but I'm afraid I'm not feeling so good. If you excuse me, I'd like to rest a little," he didn't look at anyone in the eyes. Instead, he kept his gaze on the ground, as if he was still shocked.

"Of course," Benilda smiled and Leo got up, "Good night, Leo."

"Good night."

Seraphina didn't wait to get up and running after Leo, ignoring her parents' demands to stay on the table and Tom's disapproving gaze. She felt so ashamed about what she allowed under that table, where her boyfriend was sitting. Even though she was thinking about breaking up with him, he didn't deserve to witness any of that.

"Leo, wait! Let me explain!" She doubted there was anything she could say to make things better, but she really wanted to apologize to Leo. He was such a good person, he would never do that to her. No, he didn't deserve that. Merlin, she was such a terrible person.

Leo ran upstairs towards the bedroom where he was staying, with tears running down his red cheeks, "Leave me alone, Seraphina!" He didn't look at her as he kept walking.

She felt like crying and screaming at the same time. Once again, she had fallen into Tom's trap and ruined something she actually liked. And the worse was that she couldn't completely blame Tom, since she was the one with her legs open under the table. In her defense, at first, she tried to resist it, but the feeling inside her chest was so much stronger than her.

"Leo, please!" He slammed the guest bedroom door and Seraphina didn't take a second before opening it and bursting inside the room, "You have to let me explain!"

Leo shook his head, sitting on the bed and burying his head on the palm of his hands, "Are you going to say it wasn't what it looked like? Or Riddle forced his hand between your legs at the moment my knife dropped? Wait, or is that a normal thing between the two of you?"

She felt her face heat up with both embarrassment and regret, "I'm so sorry, Leo. We had never done this before and it was Tom's plan, so you would break up with me!"

"Tom's plan? Are you blaming Tom? I don't care about him, Seraphina! In fact, I never trusted the guy, he's a disgusting snake! But I thought you were different than him, I believed in you when everyone said you weren't to be trusted. But no, stupid Leo believed you changed! Well, it looks like everyone was right about you. You're mean and nobody should ever trust you."

Seraphina couldn't contain the tears that stained her cheeks and for the first time she didn't blame herself for being so weak, "Leo, it was just a stupid mistake and I'm terribly sorry. I was really stupid and I didn't want to hurt you in any way. You're a great guy and we both know you've always been a much better person than me."

Leo shocked his head, "I'm not perfect either, Seraphina. But I would never do something like that to you."

"I understand it, but Tom really didn't do anything special under the table. It looked like he was doing something else, but in reality, he was only caressing my thigh," Leo rolled his eyes and was about to bust when Seraphina kept talking, not giving him a chance to say anything, "And I know, it was still terrible, but I would never cheat on you."

"You're making me laugh! You didn't cheat on me yet because Riddle never tried anything else. Because the moment he suggested something you would immediately spread your legs for him!" He pointed his finger at the door, referring to Tom and Seraphina contained the fire inside her chest to interject and prove him wrong, "You're both sick! I've always kept what I really think about you and the rest of your friends inside me. But now I won't hold myself anymore."