𝟒𝟐

42| a Saturday morning with you

"Only you to make me wake up at this hour in the morning on a Saturday," Seraphina spoke, climbing the stairs to the common room with Tom right behind her.

It was six a.m and Tom went into her dorm to wake her up, forcing her to get ready in a rush and the twins who shared the dorm with her ended up waking up as well due to all the noise Seraphina was making while getting ready.

"Don't complain so much, we have a lot of things to do today," he said, shamelessly looking up at her short black plaited skirt as she climbed the stairs. 

They stepped inside the empty common room and didn't stop to seat down, leaving it in a rush, "Well you can tell me those plans of yours while I'm having my delicious breakfast in the Great Hall. I need coffee to keep up with you, Tom."

They walked together in the empty dark halls of the dungeons, "Fine. But you're mine all day."

Seraphina chuckled, "I already know you're making me go with you to the Chamber of Secrets. Correct me if I'm wrong."

"You're not wrong, since we're indeed going to see the chamber, but only after supper."

They reached the Great Hall and to no surprise, it was practically empty. Only a few students were eating and a couple professors were there as well. Slughorn was one of them, reading the Daily Prophet while having his breakfast.

Tom and Seraphina sat down on the table, but the witch noticed Tom occasionally looked at Slughorn over his shoulder while she was drinking her coffee, "What are you doing? Let the man eat in peace. In fact, why don't you eat something? Whenever I have a meal with you somehow I'm the only one eating, it wouldn't be bad for you if you started eating more, you're quite skinny, Tom."

Tom didn't look interested in what she had to say. Instead, he was gazing at Slughorn again, "I need to speak with him."

"Tom, please, tell me you didn't wake me up this early to talk to Slughorn," she spoke between gritted teeth, already suspicious of his plans.

Tom turned to look at her again, "It's important and I couldn't talk about this in class, someone could hear me."

"Why is it so urgent?"

"The other day he told me something important about Horcruxes and I need to know more," Tom explaining while Seraphina sipped on her coffee.

"I would like to understand what's your obsession with Horcruxes," she said, "You've been talking about it for months. Slughorn will get suspicious."

"That's why you're here."

She raised her eyebrows, "What? I hope you're not making me ask Slughorn about it. He will know I'm doing it for you, it's pretty obvious."

"Exactly, your job is not to look suspicious, Seraphina. I know you are a good liar and Slughorn adores you. Just give him an excuse or something," Tom started eating an apple.

"And why would I do that?"

"Because you want to help me."

She raised her eyebrows, "I don't think I do, Tom. You know I think immortality is stupid and meaningless," she said.

"Well, I don't. So help me and I'll reward you," he took a bite of his apple again and dropped it on the table, "Go on, now. I'll be here watching you."