𝟓𝟓

55| sinful pleasures

"Today we bring to you the most unfortunate news," Dippet started when everyone was already sat in the Great Hall, ready for what news the headmaster was going to announce, "Hogwarts is not safe anymore."

Tom straightened his back, obviously knowing what Dippet had to say, and looked at Seraphina by his side, who was nervously chewing on her nails, "Seraphina," he whispered and she looked at him with raised eyebrows, "Stop it. You look nervous."

She glared at him and didn't take her nails off her mouth, making him grab her wrist to stop her from looking suspicious. He held her hands under the table and squeezed them slightly, trying to comfort her as best as he could, "As you may be aware, there had been some mysterious petrified bodies in the last few months," Dippet looked at the students nervously, "which were caused by an unknown force."

The Great Hall was completely silent and Seraphina scooted closer to Tom, who placed his arm around her shoulders and kissed the side of her head. Abraxas gave the pair a confused stare, not understand how they were almost killing each other the previous day and now they were suspiciously close. However, as strange as it was, he learned not to question their uncommon relationship.

"Last night, a body was found. The body of one of your classmates," he sighed, visibly upset by the announcement he was making, "Unfortunately, she wasn't merely petrified. Myrtle Warren passed away last night, due to unknown motives," the students gasped and started whispering at each other with scared faces, "All we know is that the cause of her death is related to the petrified bodies, nothing more. We're doing our best to discover the exact cause, but until then we ask you to stay calm and don't leave your common rooms until different orders. It's important for you to stay together and safe.

Tom pretended to be very surprised with the news when Dumbledore sent him a curious glance, "Also," Dippet continued, "We must inform you that we already have a suspect, but we're not exactly certain about its guilt," he said and the professors looked at each other behind him on the long table as if he wasn't supposed to say that.

Seraphina widened her eyes when she heard his words. They had a suspect? Did they know something? Oh, Merlin, Tom was going to Azkaban and she couldn't visit him, "Tom?" She whispered.

He silenced her with a glare since Dumbledore was still watching him, "Now I ask you to go to your common room and wait for new instructions. Again, we're deeply concerned with the recent news and we'll do our best to solve this."

The students started raising from their seats with panicked faces and Seraphina was still waiting for Tom to say something. He got up and grabbed her hand, pulling her with him out of the Great Hall, "Tom? What do they know?" She whispered.

"I'll tell you later," he answered, trying to get away from the big group of students. The pair walked away from the Great Hall in a rush.

"Seraphina!" They stopped walking and Tom tried to control his inner anger when he realized who called her, "Wait!"

The witch turned around and sighed, watching Leo run towards them with tearful eyes, "Leo, what's wrong?"

"What's wrong? Someone died, Seraphina. How can you not be upset?" He stopped in front of the pair and frowned, "Didn't you hear what Dippet said?"

She pinched the skin between her eyebrows and took a deep breath again, "Leo, we're supposed to go to our common rooms. What do you want?"