𝟏𝟖

18| Loneliness

"And you can't even imagine how revolted I was when I learned first years couldn't play Quidditch," Layla continued talking nonstop about the sport she lived for, "Seriously, that's so unfair!"

George Weasley chuckled, "Even if you played for Gryffindor in the first year, it wouldn't make any difference, Hufflepuff would win either way."

Layla looked like she was about to punch him in the face for saying that, "That's not true! Hufflepuff has a good team, but Gryffindor is clearly the best."

"Sure it is," George said, eating his potatoes as his life depended on it.

"I agree with George, actually," Grace joined the conversation.

"What? You're only saying that because you're in Hufflepuff. If you were being impartial and rational, you would realize Gryffindor truly has the strongest team," Layla pointed her fork at Grace, "What do you think?" She turned her face to face Leo and Seraphina, probably expecting them to defend her.

Leo coughed before answering her, "As a matter of fact, I think Slytherin currently has the strongest team."

"You're only saying that to please your girlfriend!" Layla exclaimed and Seraphina slightly agreed with her, "What do you say?"

The different eye colored with shrugged, "I don't care about Quidditch, which means I don't watch the games and therefore I can't really form an opinion on that," she answered wisely, not feeling like creating an argument.

She was so incredibly bored with the conversation that she just wanted to get up and leave the Gryffindor table. Her new friends always negatively impressed her by talking about the most useless and absurd things. They fought because of anything stupid, such as Quidditch and food.

Sometimes, she wanted to talk about serious matters and they would always change the subject. Once she asked them if they were interested in any kind of dark magic and they looked at her as if she had grown three heads. Isn't knowledge power? She thought it was important to know a little bit about everything, but they quickly dismissed her perception saying dark magic is to be avoided no matter what.

Lately, since her fight with Tom a few days ago, she can't help but notice how these wizards are nothing like her. Sure they are nice and respectful, but she simply doesn't have all that kindness inside her. She was bothered by the way they weren't even a little cunning and didn't aspire to become great in the future. The only one who had the biggest ambition was Layla, who desired to become a famous Quidditch player and Seraphina wasn't actually impressed by that. Grace and George just wished to be... happy? Was that even an ambition?

And then there was Leo. Seraphina obviously preferred him over the others. In fact, her feelings for him surprised her, since she never expected to become infatuated with someone like him. Leo was just so nice and caring, always there for her, and trying to do anything in his reach to make her happy and comfortable around him. Despite his efforts, she felt like something wasn't right. Not in a bad way, though, because any girl would be lucky to have a boyfriend so perfect and sweet. However, Seraphina felt like they weren't made to be with each other.

Destiny had always been an important aspect for her, which explains why she believes some people simply aren't meant to be together. Seraphina always pictured that knight in a shining armor, who's supposed to be her true soulmate. And she wasn't exactly sure if Leo was her soulmate, for he deserved someone with the profile of a sweet girl slash flower.

He just disappoints her when she starts talking about her aspirations for her future life or how she dreams of changing the world and he just tells her to start being more realistic. Leo truly was a great guy, but sometimes he acted like he didn't believe in her capabilities.