𝟏𝟗

New cover by the talented ilytears , thank you so much it looks incredible <3

19| Honesty And Revelations

"You can't possibly be thinking of buying that," Grace said looking at the dress Seraphina was holding with wide eyes, "It's Slughorn's Christmas Party! Important wizards from all around the world are attending it."

Seraphina rolled her eyes, feeling her need to buy the dress increase even more with her friends' disapproval, "She's right," Layla added, "As bold as you are, it's a question of etiquette. You just have to understand that a short dress is not appropriate to a Christmas party."

She turned her back to the girls and headed to the cashier, so she could pay the dress. The sound of her friends huffing made a smirk play on Seraphina's lips. After all, she was amused by her friends' sense of dress code. How could they be so antiquated and strict with something as terrific as fashion?

She bought the dress after thanking the lady with a small smile and remembering her new nice manners. With a bag in her hand, the witch found her friends waiting outside with their arms crossed and unhappy faces, "Girls, don't make such a fuss. I appreciate your opinion, I just didn't choose to follow it. What's the big deal?"

"We're trying to help you. That's why we came to Hogsmeade with you, so we could help you find a dress," Layla pointed out, "But instead we came here to simply watch you ignore all of our suggestions."

Seraphina chuckled, "What did you want me to do? I asked you to come with me because I thought the two of you would be more open-minded. I kinda expected this from you, Grace," she said, knowing the Hufflepuff girl always followed the rules no matter what, "But, Layla, aren't you a Gryffindor? Aren't you supposed to be brave and bold? Aren't you supposed to go a little beyond the line? I mean, you're always such a goody-two-shoes, isn't that contradicting?" Layla was about to talk but Seraphina continued, "I guess I wasn't wrong about Gryffindors, after all. You're just a little girl with a hero complex."

Seraphina knew she stepped the line and she probably shouldn't have said those things, but she was fed of playing nice and not speaking her mind. It had been months since she started hanging out with George, Layla, Grace, and Leo. On one hand, she was happy she somehow was becoming a kinder person, but on the other hand, there was still that part of her that just wanted to be her old self and speak her mind to everyone.

Seraphina was trying to fit in the group, she really was, but it kept getting harder and harder to keep hearing everything they had to say without telling them how she really felt about what they spoke. And she had nothing against them, not at all. People are the way they are. The issue was that she wasn't like them and she was getting tired of trying to change her personality.

"You know what you are?" Layla started, "You're an ungrateful bitch!"

"Layla, please, don't..." Grace begged, obviously doing her best to avoid a fight.

The Gryffindor witch didn't listen to her friend, "No! If you want to be honest, then allow me to tell you the truth as well. You don't think I know what kind of person you are? You are just like the rest of those big-head Slytherins! You think you're better than the rest, just because you're a pure-blood and I understood it when you set me up with Lestrange. You just wanted me to feel humiliated, didn't you? George and Leo tried to tell me that I'm wrong, but I know it's true."