𝟔𝟐

62| a different type of love

"Have you seen Avery tonight?" Seraphina asked Tom as he walked her to their group of friends, "I haven't seen him all night and I really want to speak with him."

"No, I haven't seen him either. He must be busy with the guests," Tom answered, "Ask them, maybe they know something," he nodded his head towards Mulciber, Abraxas, Magda, Nott, and Lestrange.

Their heads turned when they saw the pair approaching them and Lestrange was the first to speak, "Where have you been? You missed a fine toast made by the incredible Mrs. Malfoy."

"I have already told you to stop talking about my mother like that," Abraxas spat at Lestrange, who only laughed, "It's disrespectful."

"Calm down, Malfoy," Mulciber spoke, "He's only complimenting your lovely mother and he's absolutely right about it."

Abraxas rolled his eyes and turned around to look at her, "Seraphina, this is Magda. You have met her before," he looked pointedly at the girl next to him and Seraphina recalled their both unfortunate encounters.

"It's a pleasure," Magda made a tight smile while Seraphina looked at her suspiciously.

The Slytherin witch didn't say anything, but when she looked at Abraxas' impatient face, she thought it would be best to be nice to her, "I feel the same." The Knights tried not to laugh when they watched their awkward exchange of words, knowing both girls were being forced by Abraxas to be nice to each other, "Anyway, have you seen Alcides? I really need to talk to him."

"I only saw him at the beginning of the night," Nott answered, "Then he disappeared."

Seraphina made a worried face, "Perhaps he's feeling unwell. Do you think he's in his room or something?"

"If my parents were announcing that I'm about to marry my cousin I would feel unwell too," Lestrange spoke drinking from his glass of champagne.

Magda widened her eyes and Abraxas sent her a look meaning he would explain everything later, "I will try to find him," Seraphina informed them and then turned at Tom, who still had his arm around her waist, "Will you come with me?"

"No, I have few things to take care of," he simply said, not being specific enough for her to understand what he meant. But at that point, she had already given up.

She nodded her head, "Alright, excuse me, then," she bowed her head slightly and was about to leave the group when Magda interrupted her.

"May I have a word with you first?" She seemed unsure of her question, making Seraphina raise her eyebrows surprised, "It will only take a minute," Abraxas sent her a questioning look but she didn't even spare him a glance.

"Certainly."

The two girls walked away from the group while they looked at the pair confused. Seraphina with Magda towards a table filled with glasses of champagne, knowing that was exactly what they needed, "Here," she handed her one and took another, drinking from it instantly.

"Thank you," she sipped on her champagne as well, "Abraxas told me a lot about you," she started, "And he also told me that when you... when you kissed him, it was because he asked you to do it so I would be jealous," Seraphina tried to interrupt her, but she kept talking, "And he also told me you tried to say no and that you actually had some problems with your boyfriend after you kissed Abraxas."