𝟏𝟏

11| A letter

"My dear daughter,
It's with an unspeakable sorrow that I send you this message.
Before anything else, I must congratulate you for your work so far, your professors told your father you've been succeeding so far and next year you'll most likely have excellent results on your N.E.W.Ts.
However, I'm not writing to tell you how proud I am of your success. You can't imagine my painful surprise when I received an owl from Tom a few days ago saying he wouldn't be able to spend the holidays with us as usual. And this is why I'm utterly disappointed with you, Seraphina.
As your mother, I thought I raised you well, teaching you good manners and principles. So I expected nothing more than you to be there for the boy and insist for him to spend this time of the year with us, which would bring much joy to all of us.
For Salazar's sake, Seraphina. The boy has no family and this time of the year it's important for us to stay together.
Even though he sent me kind words, I noticed something was different and I know it's your fault. So fix whatever mistake you did, because dear Tom is like a son to us and I'm extremely disappointed with you for not being able to keep him close.
Honestly, he's the best influence you could possibly have and just imagine my distaste when I received this upsetting news.
I expect two letters soon, one of you explaining and apologizing for your behavior and another from him telling he's spending his holidays with us because he deserves to spend his time in a comforting household. Merlin knows it's not his fault for whatever you did.
Your father and I are very disappointed.

Benilda Vevrain"

Seraphina crossed her arms in front of her chest while Tom read the letter while sitting on his bed. His face looked calm and, unlike her, he didn't seem bothered by Benilda's words.

The witch was starting to get ready when she received the owl and after she read the whole thing, she stormed towards Tom's dorm wearing her emerald short robe on top of her undergarments and her makeup was only half done, that was why she was thankful nobody was in Tom's dorms expect for him in that night.

She was so angry that she could break everything about her. How could her mother blame her like that for Tom's decision? She had nothing to do with it. Her accusations were far from fair and that made her scream internally.

Tom finished reading the letter and placed it softly on the desk beside his bed, "I will write to her soon. I'll tell her that I'll stay with you after the Malfoy's Christmas Ball, but until then I'm afraid I'll have business to attend to and you're aware I can't ignore it."

Seraphina knew what he was referring to, he was going to see his family's town. She didn't think it was a good idea, because she knew Tom and he was going to do something catastrophic, but it was his family and his decision, not hers.

"What are you gonna tell her?" She asked him more calmly, "You surely can't say you're going to your family's town."

"Of course not, I'll just tell her I'm going to do a short trip to London with some friends and I'll be back in a few days for the annual Malfoy's Christmas party," he shrugged.

Suddenly, Seraphina felt like knowing more about his trip to Little Hangleton, since it could bring a lot of problems and surprises. He didn't seem worried, though.

"What's your plan?" She asked sitting beside him on the bed, he didn't mind because he was used to their closeness. She was the person closest to him for years, "Do you have one, at least?"