𝟑𝟖

38| Back Home

"Tom, we're late and it's your fault!" Seraphina spat as they sprinted towards the Hogwarts Express, where practically everyone was already inside, "If we can't get back to Hogwarts, I'm going to tell everyone you had sex with Margaret Crabbe last year!"

"How is it my fault? I woke up with you on top of me, I had to take a shower or we would be even later," he responded, not needing to run, but simply walk fast enough, "If someone has to be blamed, it's you."

She gasped, watching the doors start closing, "I was only trying to see what time it was on your wristwatch and it was on your nightstand, so I really didn't have a choice!"

They both ran faster, already imagining how tragic it would be if they didn't get on the train to Hogwarts. Having great luck by their side, they made it on time and stepped inside the train just as the door closed. The pair tried to catch their breaths as they walked inside the long corridors, full of excited students to start a new semester.

"Seraphina?" Tom called, walking right behind her, "Before we find a compartment I have to tell you something."

She stopped walking and turned around to look at him, "What is it? Can't you tell me later?"

"No. Do you remember the morning after Christmas?" The witch nodded her head, not being able to forget how sick she felt, "When you heard my conversation with Mulciber, you asked me to tell you what it was about at the right time, so you wouldn't be, hum- sad."

"Tom, how can this be the right time to tell me? Do you want to see me cry in front of a hundred students?"

Tom huffed, frustrated with how complicated she was being, "Listen to me!" he grabbed her arm and pulled her to a compartment, which contained two Gryffindors making out, "Leave," Tom glared at them, "And ten points from Gryffindor, but if you don't leave now I'll make it 50."

They glared at Tom in anger, before leaving without saying a word. Tom closed the compartment's door and pushed Seraphina down so she would sit, "Aren't we aggressive today?"

"This is serious, stop being obnoxious for a second, will you?"

She sighed and nodded her head, "Alright, what is it?"

Tom sat by her side and looked at the landscape moving fast by their eyes, "It's about Greengrass."

"Leo? What's wrong with him?"

Tom crossed his arms in front of his chest and stared at her, "He's been lying to you about his parents."

She frowned, "They are not healers, are they? He was always really uncomfortable when I asked about his parents and when I realized my parents actually knew them I got really suspicious something wasn't right."

Tom nodded his head with a thoughtful expression, "You're a smart girl, Seraphina, but that's not the whole story. Do you remember that Slughorn's dinner when I told you Leo was lying?"

"Yes. You've known the truth since then?" she opened her mouth in shock, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I read his mind on the first day you told me about him. Besides, you didn't want me to tell you the truth, you kept talking about his privacy and the value of trust," he said with a disgusted face, "Well, his parents are not healers or anything like that," he scratched the back of his hand, "They're one of the most important followers of Grindelwald."

Seraphina placed her hand in front of her mouth, "That's impossible! What about Leo? Does he know that?"

Tom scoffed, "Of course he does! They're his parents, how could he not?"