Photograph

A/N: For Sam fans, sorry it took so long to make a Sam one. It's a nice long one to hopefully make up for it. Also italics are song lyrics

Sam x Reader

Loving can hurt

Loving can hurt sometimes

But it's the only thing 

That I know

You had met Sam Winchester when you were both sophomores in high school. Your parents and his dad were in town because of the same hunt. With both of you being the new kids you became fast friends. It soon became something more. You were falling in love. It had hurt you so much when you had to leave that town, and more importantly, Sam, behind. He was your first love and you didn't think you would ever see him again.

And when it gets hard

You know it can get hard sometimes

It is the only thing that makes us feel alive

Sam's POV

I hated when we left behind the town where I met Y/N. I never even got a chance to tell her goodbye. She wasn't at school my last few days in that town, I figured she had probably already left. On our first date she warned me that she most likely wouldn't even get to say goodbye before her parents dragged her across the country to some random town. Like me, Y/N was constantly moving around, it was actually one of the first things we bonded over.

Me and Y/N would talk for hours. I could tell her anything, the only thing I never told her was what my dad did for his job. For a while I regretted not telling her, but I realized that she was better off not knowing. Not knowing about the things that go bump in the night meat that she could have a normal, happy life.

Since Y/N didn't have a phone, or a permanent address, we couldn't keep in touch. I hope that where ever she is now, that she's happy.

We keep this love in a photograph

We make these memories for ourselves

Where our eyes are never closing

Hearts are never broken

And time's forever frozen still

Second-person POV, memory

The only photo that either of you had of your time together was taken by Dean. The three of you were taking a walk through a park. You were armed with your camera, hoping to get some good pictures of the fall colors. When you reached the playground, you handed your camera to Dean and dragged Sam over to the swing set.

"Push me Sammy," you yelled happily as you sat on the swing. Sam smiled before walking behind you and began pushing you.

On one of your swings back towards Sam, you turned your head to look at him, a giant grin plastered on your face. He was smiling back at you, nothing but love in his eyes. That was when Dean snapped the picture.

So you can keep me

Inside the pocket of your ripped jeans

Holdin' me closer 'til our eyes meet

You won't ever be alone

Wait for me to come home

Present Day

You threw your duffle bag onto your crappy motel room bed. You were sore and scraped up from the ghost hunt you had just finished. All you wanted to do was pass out on the bed. It would have to wait until after you cleaned up though. Sleep would have to wait. You kicked off your boots and took your wallet out of your jean's pocket. When you tossed your wallet onto the bed, a piece of paper slid out slightly. You pulled it out the rest of the way. Sitting down on the edge of the bed, you smiled down at the only photo you had of Sam.