Empty Deal

Cas x Reader

WARNING! SPOILERS for season 14! This imagine is inspired/based on season 14 episode 9. If you haven't seen the first half of season 14 read at your own risk.

A/N: I apologize for this one, I hadn't watched season 15 yet when I wrote it. So I'm truly sorry for this angsty Cas imagine. This was the idea I had after first finding out about Cas' deal.

Cas always told me how much he loved me and that he was his happiest when he was with me. I've been dating the angel for about three years now, but we've known each other even longer. 

We've been through so much together. From apocalypses, leviathans, to both of us dying. Most recently though, it was Jack dying. He was like a son to us. Luckily we found a way to bring him back. I just didn't know what it had cost us. 

It was late and I was having trouble sleeping. It was a common occurrence since Jack had died. I decided to check on Jack, I've been doing that a lot since he came back. Not seeing him in his room, I went to check the kitchen. 

Hearing voices from inside the kitchen, I stopped outside the door. I could tell that the voices belong to Cas and Jack, and I didn't want to interrupt. 

"Cas. The deal you made- why can't Sam, Dean, and Y/N know?" Jack asked.

Deal? What deal had Cas made?

"They can. I-I just don't , I just don't want them to. They don't need that burden. You don't need that burden." Cas answered.

"Of course I do. You did that for me."

What had Cas done?

"You know, the Empty said that it wouldn't come for me until I had finally given myself permission to be happy, but with everything we have going on, with-with Michael still out there, I don't see that happening anytime soon. This life may be a lot of things, but it's rarely happy."

Of course. Cas had made a deal to save Jack. I know I would've done the same thing in his shoes. I felt tears running down my cheeks. I ran as quietly as I could back to my room. Curling up in my blankets, I cried myself to sleep. 

When I woke up, I stayed in bed. Thinking about what I could do about Cas' deal. After a couple hours I'd finally decided that the only thing I could do, was leave. Once Michael is taken care of, I'll pack my things and go.

*Time skip brought to you by Team Free Will's bad decisions*

Michael is currently trapped in Dean's head and the boys are out on a supply run. It was time. Time for me to pack up and leave, without so much as a goodbye. If I say goodbye I might never leave. I knew me leaving would be devastating to all the boys, but for Cas. I don't know if he'll ever recover. But he'll have the Winchesters and Jack, they'll make sure he's okay. And without me around he'll be safe from the Empty.

'He'll be safe' I keep reminding myself as I throw my stuff into my car. I turn the GPS on my phone off before pulling out of the garage. Tears blurred the image of the bunker in my rearview mirror.

Maybe I can find a way to get him out of his deal. I don't know if I'll ever be able to find anything, but if I do, my first stop will be back into the arms of my angel. Until then, I'll keep him safe.

He'll be safe.

The End

I wish you guys a better tomorrow. -Kez