Soulmate AU (Dean)

Dean x Reader

Green

Everything is black and white till you meet your soulmate. The first color I ever saw was the vibrant green of Dean Winchester's eyes.

In between hunts, I was hanging out at Bobby Singer's house. He was in the kitchen grabbing a couple beers when the doorbell rang.

"Can ya get that," he called to me.

"On it old man," I called back, already making my way to the front door. One hand was loosely gripping the gun in my waistband, while I used the other to open the door. "Now what can Bobby do-" the question I started to ask dying out as I stared into the only colorful eyes I had ever seen. The owner of the eyes just as mesmerized as me. 

His companion cleared his throat, "Is Bobby here?"

 "Uh. I-in the kitchen," I stuttered out, the colors in front of me making it hard to concentrate. I was unable to look away from the colorful face in front of me. The moose of a man thanked me before maneuvering around to go find Bobby. 

Finally snapped out of his daze, the green eyed stranger held out his hand for me to shake. "I'm Dean."

"Y/N," I said, shaking his hand.

"Sooo. You're my soulmate." Dean's face broke into a giant grin. 

"I guess I am." I smiled back. "Why don't you come in and we can get to know each other."

Yellow

Dean at the wheel, the yellow stripes on the road whizzed by as the impala flew down the road. Me and the boys were heading to our next hunt. Much to Sam's annoyance, Dean and I were singing at the top of our lungs to the music blasting from the radio. Me and the eldest Winchester had started dating pretty much as soon as we met. That was about a year and a half ago. Now, the two of us are just trying to make the most of our time together. Especially because six months ago, Dean made a demon deal to save Sam.

Red

I couldn't see the hellhound, but I could see what it was doing to Dean. It was shredding him to ribbons. He screamed out in pain. I was stuck watching the love of my life die, unable to do anything to help. Tears streaked down my cheeks as I watched those green eyes, once so full of life, begin to dull. The bright red of Dean's blood the last color I saw before they all quickly faded back to black and white.

Brown

It's been four months since Dean died. I haven't seen Sam since then, but I do keep in touch with Bobby.

Currently sitting in a crappy motel room, doing research for a hunt. Closing my eyes, I rest my head in my hands. I take a couple deep breaths. Leaning my chair back, I open my eyes. What I see almost makes me fall onto the floor. The table I'm sitting at sitting at is now brown. I slowly look around the room, taking in all the colors.

I rush around the room packing all my stuff. I call another hunter to take this case as I make my way to my car. My tires squeal as I take off out of the parking lot. I have only one destination in mind, Bobby's house. If Dean's back that's where he would go, and if he's not back, maybe Bobby will have some answer for why I can suddenly see colors again. 

After driving for a while my phone starts to ring.  I answered it, not checking the caller id. 

"Y/N, it's Dean."

I slam on my brakes, lucky that the road is completely empty.

"Dean?" my voice cracks. "Where are you?"

"Pontiac, Illinois. How soon could you get here?"

"It would take me at least a two or three days to get to Illinois. Bobby's is about halfway between us though, any chance you can meet me there? I don't want to wait any longer than I have to to see you again." 

Taking my foot off of the brake, I pressed down on the accelerator. Now I was desperate to get to Bobby's.

"Yeah. Yeah, I can do that. I can't wait to see you either. And Y/N. I love you." 

Dean couldn't see it but I smiled softly. "I love you too De. Now get your a** over to Bobby's so I can tell you in person.

Dean laughed, "See you soon sweetheart." I hung up and sped up.

Blue

I smile as I pull up to Bobby's house. I get out of my car and head into the dirty, pale blue house. After knocking on the door, I stand and wait patiently for Bobby to let me in. 

"Y/N? What are ya doin' here," Bobby asked when he opened the door. 

"He's back Bobby. Dean's alive," I said, grinning ear to ear.

"You're sure it's him?"

"Of course I'm sure Bobby! Just before he called me, I started seeing colors again. He's on his way here now. You can test him if you want, but I know it's him," I yelled.

"Alright, calm down. I just don't want to see ya get your hopes up," Bobby spoke calmly.

"It's a little late for that."

Our conversation was interrupted by the sound of a car pulling up. Stepping out of the car was Dean. My Dean. I ran and wrapped my arms around his neck. I nuzzled my face into his neck. He wrapped his arms tightly around my waist, kissing the top of my head. 

"Sweetheart," Dean whispered, "you, are a sight for sore eyes."

Pulling back slightly, I moved my hands up behind his head and pulled his head down for his lips to meet mine. The kiss was full of passion and desperation, our lips moving in sync. When we finally broke apart we were both gasping for air.

"I love you De," I whispered, nuzzling my face in his neck again.

"I love you too Y/N."

The End

A/N: Hey guys! What did you think? I got the idea from a soulmate AU prompt list. The prompt was something along the lines of "everything is black and white until you meet your soulmate, and when your soulmate dies, everything goes back to black and white". The part that really gave me the idea was the soulmate dying part, cause you know, Sam and Dean die all the time. I was curious on how it would work if your soulmate were to come back to life so I wrote an imagine for it. I did one for Dean and I'll post the Sam one next. Sorry for the long note, anyways

I wish you guys a better tomorrow. -Kez