Skinwalker

Dean x Reader

You were born a skinwalker. Your parents raised you to be a good person and to stay out of trouble. They were killed by werewolves when you were a teenager. Those werewolves were your first hunt. 

After you started hunting, you tried to keep a low profile in the hunting world. Most hunters were the shoot first, ask questions later kind of people. One of your only friends was a hunter named Garth. He didn't know what you were, but you trusted him enough that you had considered telling him. He was like a big brother to you. He was also the reason you had met the Winchesters.

You had gotten in over your head on a hunt and had called him in for backup. He was busy. But he had some friends in the area that he sent to help you. Those friends were Sam and Dean. They thought they were going to be your knights in shining flannel. They were wrong. Because in the end it was you that ended up saving the boys. It wouldn't be the last time you saved them either, but it was the start of a wonderful friendship.

That had been a few years ago. Now you were sitting on the bed in your motel room, doing research for your current case. Distracted when you heard the rumble of a familiar engine pull into the parking lot. You set your laptop on the bed to go and look out the window. 

"Crap," you whispered to yourself. Sam and Dean climbing out of the car confirmed your suspicion that it was the Winchester's impala that you heard. Normally you loved working with the boys, but you tried to avoid working with anyone if silver was involved. And you were pretty sure that you were dealing with a shifter. You wouldn't be able to pass the typical shifter test.

You shook your head. You decided you would go to bed. If you got an early enough start, maybe you could have this shifter taken care of before the boys even knew you were in town.

Sam and Dean were walking past your room, when Sam stopped suddenly. 

"Hey Dean, isn't that Y/N's car?" he asked pointing at the car parked right in front of your room.

Dean broke into a grin. "Yeah. Yeah, I think it is. Look it's even got her dorky stuffed dog."

You had a little, stuffed labrador hanging from your rearview mirror. The boys had tried asking you about it, but you would just grin or shrug. Dean teased you about it all the time. When he would tease you, there were a few times that you had almost snapped at him that it was what you turned into. Sam might come to terms with it, but Dean. Dean would probably never speak to you again, if he didn't just shoot you. You couldn't handle Dean hating you, you would rather die. You fell in love with the eldest Winchester about a year after you first met him. He didn't know, and if you could help it, he would never know. It's not like he would ever consider dating a skinwalker anyway.

"We should talk to her in the morning," Sam said. Dean nodded and followed after Sam to their room.

Your sleep that night was plagued with nightmares of Dean finding out what you are. Since you preferred to sleep in your dog form, all four of your legs were twitching. Whimpering before you bolted up, panting. Once you caught your breath, you put your head on your paws and went back to sleep. 

The loud sound of pounding on your door woke you up. Rolling over, you fell off of the bed and onto the floor. You transformed back into your human self. The pounding at the door happened again. 

"Just a minute," you called to whoever was waiting so impatiently at your door. You pulled on some sweats and a t-shirt before heading towards the door.

When you were decent, you opened the door, greeting whoever had woken you from your slumber with an annoyed scowl. You were met with the smiling faces of Sam and Dean.