Cat Chapter 35

Hotaru may look happy and carefree for the mission and the mission's success, but she was actually trying to hide the uneasiness she was feeling for the whole day.

She have no idea on why she was feeling so anxious. Her nerves had been on edge since morning. That's usually not a good sign.

She doesn't like it at all.

After Sanzo had confirmed that yes, Oyakata-sama is now on their side and would do anything he could to help, he immediately requested on sending out Hotaru for an important mission; forming an alliance between the demon slayers and the doctor Tamayo.

Oyakata-sama agreed at once. He knows of the demon Tamayo, and her strong desire to eliminate Muzan as the same as them.

So Oyakata-sama agreed, with the order of Hotaru leading the Water and Butterfly Hashira to bring the doctor demon safely.

Though the two Hashira didn't know that.

"Hotaru."

Hotaru glance beside her to look at Giyuu who called out her name. The night was still young, the moon shining down at them dimly. There's still about an hour before midnight.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"Can you explain to us now by what you mean by them working with us?" Shinobu asked almost too sweetly. Hotaru supposed that the woman was not as patient as she first though. Especially to things concerning demons.

Not really in the mood to explain everything, Hotaru look at the said demons. Her eye twitched when she saw them swiftly looking away and avoiding her glaze. Damn demons making her speak a lot...

She grumbled a bit, before starting, "They're the ones Oyakata-sama asked for us to pick up. He said they severed all ties with demons and Muzan long ago, other than being demons of course. Oyakata-sama asked for their help to assist us on defeating Muzan, they agreed, and now they're on our side. The end." She ended flatly. She's talking a lot these days.

Never again she'll lead another mission. Explaining is just too tiring.

"Wha... So–but..." Giyuu closed his mouth shut, his eyebrows furrowing with a small thoughtful frown as he went back on her words.

"But why are they running behind us?" Shinobu took over the questioning.

Hotaru shoot her a confused look. "Because they're coming with us..?"

"But why are they placed where they can easily attack us?"

"They don't know where the headquarters are so we have to be up front." She stated the obvious. "They won't attack us anyway."

"What makes you believe that?"

"Because I trust them."

"They're demons."

"They're different. They're good demons."

"There's no such thing as good demons."

"Nezuko is a good demon."

"Nezuko-chan is different."

"And I'm telling you that they're like Nezuko, but different." Hotaru's half-lidded slid to her, where her glaze are almost piercing through her soul. "Besides, I trust Oyakata-sama. So believe me when I say they're good demons."

Shinobu shut her mouth after that. Yes of course. How could she forget that. Oyakata-sama was the one who gave them the mission in the first place.

Still, they hated demons. A woman shifter, their leader, and demons on their side, one which is a literal angel, cannot suddenly change that.

"Oh. I'm gonna change," Hotaru suddenly blurted.